"What did you say?" I ask keeping hands on waist, the smirk widening on my lips almost turning into a smile. He ignores me and burps loudly, pulling out his phone. "I think I like that girl." He murmurs a second later. My eyebrows reach my hairline.

"You always like every girl in your vicinity" I point out, he rolls eyes and finally, finally meets my eyes, keeping the phone aside. "Yeah, but I kinda like-like her." He tries to make me understand, I ignore him. He's a playboy. I'm not letting him try anything here. This girl, Navya, is her friend. I'd rather not have any drama between us because of this idiot. We just met!

My thoughts go back to her. She's so fucking beautiful, I still can't believe it. I mean who blushes these days. Her cheeks turned not pink but red, a deep shade of my favorite color. I was gone the second I noticed that tint on her chubby cheeks. And it's not only her outer beauty that pulled me to her like a magnet, but also the little things. I knew from the picture itself that she's breathtaking. Literally. But when I was talking to her parents, I noticed a few things-- she was listening to my parents really intently, and when Dad suddenly coughed, she beat my mother to reach for water and stood up to rub his back. She doesn't seem to be the talkative, extrovert type and yet when my friends started talking to her-- asking stupid as fuck questions about her job. Cabir asked if she's been ever peed or pooped on while handling a baby on her job-- she replied to them so patiently without growing agitated or anything. She even laughed at their pjs which is something even I don't do. She was nervous, really nervous and her only reassurance was her brother taking her hand in his and lightly rubbing the back of her hand, yet she never let it show on her face. At least to my parents and friends, I knew she was nervous the second I looked at her. I don't know, but I just knew.

I exhale a loud breath, scrolling through my phone when I suddenly remember Mukti is with her, and she can get her number for me. I dial my sister's number. She picks up in the third ring. "Bol." She chuckles from the other side; I bite down on my lower lip trying to hear something in the background.

"Bol toh." My sister screeches, I pull away the phone from my ear. "I will get it." Huh? What?

" What will you get?" I ask, confused.

"Her number idiot." She says from the other side. I imagine her shaking head at me. Rude!

"How do you know I called you for this?"

"Because my sweet brother, we're twins. I know exactly what my brother needs at what moment. Now let me help my Bhabhi get ready, okay?" I smile at my sister's reply. I murmur a soft 'okay' and she cuts the call laughing.

The door knocks and when Dhruv calls out to come, Abhi walks in. "Hey, you ready?" He smiles at me; I nod standing up from the bed. "Come let's go, everything is ready." He says and I walk to him. Dhruv and Cabir follow us.

We enter the living room where it has been now decorated a bit. My parents make way for me, and I sit on the middle couch, her father comes and does my tilak.

"These rings are just a sign of being 'roka-fied', official engagement will be included in the functions of marriage." Mom says and I nod. Knew this already, do you seriously believe I'll give my woman such thin ring for our engagement? What do you take me for?

The girly giggles and murmuring sounds make me turn to the stairs. And for the millionth time today, my breath hitches. Fuck, she's a Goddess! I huff out a deep breath from my parted lips. I feel my heart stop for a beat at the thought of being 'taken' and becoming hers.

She reaches the couch and sits down on my right side. Looking like an absolute angel. As cliche as it may sound, but she looked like an angel--my angel-- and no one can tell me otherwise. Oh! I could spend the rest of my life just gazing at her.