Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3:

"Come on Ashy, you've gotta let go now"

"No!" She wailed, I sighed. It was always like this when she started a new school. Then a bed of red roses in the playground caught my eye.

"Wow!" I whispered to her "do you see those roses? They're so beautiful!" Her eyes lit up when she saw them and a small smile crept onto her face.

"What kind of roses do you think they are?" she asked me, not taking her eyes off the roses.

"I know" a small girl with wavy red hair and freckles said. I didn't even notice her sneak up

I gave her an enthusiastic smile "Could you show Ashley?" She beamed at my question

"Sure!" Taking Ashleys hand, they skipped off towards the roses. With a grin plastered on my face, I pulled my keys out of my pocket and jumped into my car.

-------------------------------------------------------

I heard a wolf whistle as I walked towards the large brick building that was North High. I know, original right? I chuckled quietly to myself before I felt a large hand slap accross my butt.

I spun around to see a jock smirking down at me. Since I'm here I guess Imight as well have some fun, I thought to myself.

I wrapped my hands around his neck and smiled sweetly up at him. "Was it you who groped me?" I asked innocently raising my eyebrows at him. I could see all his jock friends watching us and I'm sure I heard one say "jeez, the new girls easy!"

His smirk widened. "Why yes it was, you like it?" he practically announced. He then winked at me and I really had to resist the urge to barf on his shoes.

I giggled innocently. Then, in a split second I gripped the back of his neck and kneed him where the sun don't shine. Hard.

He yelped in pain but before he could respond in any other way, I punched him in the face. He fell to the ground. I didn't hit his nose because then I would get blood on me, but what I did would certainly leave a mark.

Gasps filled the carpark and a couple of jocks ran over to help him up. None of them even dared to look at me though.

"No I didn't like it at all" I grinned at him before turning and entering the school building. Yes, I could defenitely have some fun here.

---------------------------------------------------------

The first few periods went by pretty slowly, finally lunch time had rolled around. I wandered to my locker and shoved my books in it. When I closed the door I jumped, seeing Hunter's face so close to mine.

He smirked at me "Having fun?" He had obviously heard about my little run-in with the jocks. I couldn't help but laugh.

"More than you could imagine" I replied with a wink "Lunch?" he nodded, slinging his arm lazily over my shoulder we headed towards the lunch room.