Chapter 7

Malley didn't know what drove her to go against Garnet like that but she did and now she was in the warp stream just trying to figure out how to get to Lapis.

'I have to do this.' Malley thought. She had somewhat of an idea of what to do. Find Lapis and ask her if there was anything good about being a malachite. She may be able to help once Malley just explains herself as a friend of Steven's. 'We'll talk things over and hopefully Garnet won't be too mad at me.' She smiled at the thought. "But first things first, gotta find Lapis." She said aloud.

Malley felt the gravity come back again and she floated downward. When the light vanished, she found herself... back on the temple hand outside Steven's house.

"No... no no no." Malley said as she became confused verging on annoyance. "I wanted to go to Lapis, not back to this

Malley summoned her wings and flew past the beach house, to the rocks close to the shore again. She sat on top of the taller ones and brooded. She was just imagining how mad Garnet was going to be for disobeying her... but then something caught her eye. There, where the waves broke on the shore, was one of Steven's shirts, soaking wet and bundled. It was then that Malley remembered how she took one and never gave it back, her cheeks grew a little darker at the thought. She slid off the large rock, picked up the shirt and tried to straighten it out. When she saw the front, she was surprised to find claw marks across the star.

'How did these get here?' Malley thought as she examined the shirt in her hands.

"Hello..." came a feminine voice. "Who's there?"

Malley had never heard this voice before, she slowly walked out of hiding from the rocks, turned her head in the direction of the beach house, and saw a blue woman wearing a flowing skirt approach. Malley was frozen in place as Lapis came closer, she didn't know what to do. A part of Malley's mind told her to go back among the rocks and hide or fly away but she couldn't move and when her eyes met Lapis', Malley grew even more nervous.

Lapis finally noticed the turquoise–colored gem on the beach and her eyes widen in recognition. When she saw the water wings, she thought it was going to be just another hydrokinetic gem, like an Aquamarine or maybe even another Lapis... but instead, she was seeing a ghost from her past...

Malley was about to try to break the tension but before she could speak, she was suddenly grabbed by a giant water hand from the ocean and was brought closer to an angry looking Lapis.

"Who are you? How are you here?!!" Lapis questioned, she also noticed the shirt in Malley's hand and her anger grew. "ANSWER ME!"

Malley just stared at the blue gem for a moment, too surprised to speak but soon she found her voice again, a bit shaky.

"I–... I'm Malley Kite." She answered.

In her furry, Lapis just heard 'Malachite' and that was enough confirmation for her. Lapis than slammed Malley against one of the tall rocks with the water hand and then she released her, only to raise the hand higher to slam down on the malachite gem.

Malley slid to the ground when the hand released her and while lying in pain, she watched as the water hand was raised, getting ready to ram her. When it came to her, Malley drops the shirt on the sand and raised her own hands in defense with her fingers clenching... but then...

Lapis eyes widen in surprise when she felt the force of her powers stop before touching the malachite gem. Was her power... faulting? That's never happened before.

Malley saw this and then she had an idea. She jumped to her feet and clenched her hands tighter. Suddenly, the water hand quickly turned into ice and broke into pieces.