Chapter 5

When everyone was safely back home, Steven had some dinner and Malley was resting on the living room couch with Garnet. She sat next to Malley on the couch, Amethyst was on the other end, and Pearl was washing the dishes in the sink but she kept a careful eye on Malley. The couch was very firm but still softer than the rocks at sea, at least that's what Malley thought. When Steven finished, he went to the couch to join Malley and he brought a bowl of water for her to use if she wanted to. He set it on the coffee table.

"Steven if you wanted water you should use a cup," Pearl said. She took a seat on the couch and Amethyst scooted off to sit on the floor.

"It's not for me it's for Malley," Steven said.

"Malley?" Pearl asked.

"You'll see." Steven winked before turning his attention to Malley. "So, Malley did you really fly all the way here?" Steven asked. "Must've been hard."

"It was but I didn't really fly all the way here," Malley said. "I was carried here by light from one of those things." She pointed to the warp pad.

"Oh, a warp pad. From where?" Steven asked.

"I'm not sure what it was but it was in the middle of the ocean..." Malley said and she raised her hands. As she spoke the water from the bowl on the coffee table began to float midair and it took shape into solid ice of whatever Malley talked about. "It was a small island surrounded by other smaller islands, I landed on the mainland near the biggest... 'warp pad'?" She looked at Steven to see if she said it right, he nodded but otherwise he was amazed at Malley's water manipulation. It was like a floating water/ice puppet show, especially when Malley made a tiny version of herself.

"Awww little ice Malley." Steven cooed.

"That's... the galaxy warp," Pearl said.

"Cool," Amethyst said casually.

"Yepp," Garnet said.

"Anyway," Malley continued. "When I got on the island, I looked around the warps and found only one that wasn't cracked." The ice and water continued to change shape as Malley went on. "I'm still not sure how I did it but somehow I activated the warp pad and it took me to the giant hand outside the house. When I got there, I was excited and kinda relieved that I didn't have to keep flying over the ocean. Then I went to the rocks at the other side of the cliff to think then I felt tired and fell asleep on the sand. That's when I dreamed about... about..." the last formation took shape of Malachite's body before dropping to the floor and breaking into pieces. Malley's eyes were watering and her hands nearly closed into fits until Garnet wrapped an arm around her and brought her closer in a hug.

"Oh, for goodness sake," Pearl said getting up. She quickly picked up the pieces of ice.

"She dreamed about when Malachite was formed," Garnet said.

Steven patted Malley on the back. "Was that the bad dream that made the ocean explode?"

"Yes," Malley whispered.

"You did what?" Pearl asked, taking the ice to the sink.

"She made the ocean explode with her powers," Steven said.

"I just... I couldn't believe what I saw." Malley said.

"That's when I found her and I brought her to the temple after she fainted from exhaustion," Garnet said. She released her hold on Malley and stood up. "Speaking of which it's time for Steven to go to bed."

"Ah what?" Steven groaned. "How can I possibly go to sleep when there's a new gem?"

"Actually... I wouldn't mind a little sleep." Malley said.