Finale

Five years later......

Boruto's POV

I woke up next to Sarada, who was still asleep. I kissed her neck as I got up. "Good morning, dear." She said. "Sorry, I woke you, didn't I?" I asked. "It's ok, I needed to get up anyway." She said as she sat up. A sudden crying was heard in the room next door. "I'll get it." I said.

I walked to the room. Soon another crying was joined in. It was now the choir of crying. "Sasudo! You're making your sister cry! It's ok! It's ok!" I said as I held my son in my arms. "Sarada!! Sorry! I need your help!!" I shouted. "Coming!" She said as she rushed to my side. "I'll take care of Sasudo if you take care of Itada." I said. "Deal." She said as she grabbed our daughter, Itada.

We were both new at this parenting thing. It was hard as heck. "Hey, maybe if we're lucky, we can have Shisu watch them." Sarada said. "Yeah. We can pay him five dollars per hour maybe?" I asked. "I think that's good." She smiled.

The twins had finally settled. They weren't asleep but they stopped crying. "I'll make breakfast. They're probably hungry." I said. "Yeah. I'll take care of it." Sarada said as she took the babies into our room. I started making eggs and bacon, Sarada's favorite breakfast that I make. Can't forget the coffee though.

"Breakfast is done." I said. "Alright. Itada is already fed, Sasudo is finishing up." Sarada replied. I brought a tray of breakfast in for her. "You eat first. I'll watch the kids." I said. "Boruto, you've been insisting that I eat first for the past week-since I was released from the hospital." Sarada said, worry painted on her face. "Have you even eaten?" She added. "I'll be fine. You and the kids first. I have eaten." I smiled.

The house renovations were finished right before the kids were born. 'Right before' as in the day of and an hour before we went to the hospital. My parents were kind enough to pay for the renovations as a late wedding gift and Sarada's parents paid for our house as a gift.

I laid in bed as Sarada ate her breakfast by my side. I held the babies, one in each arm. They were finally going to bed. "How is it?" I asked, hoping it was ok. "Delicious, Boruto, thank you so much." She said as she kissed me on the cheek. "No problem." I said. "Can I leave these two with you? I'm going to call Shisu." I said. "Sure." She said as she continued eating.

"Hey, Shisu. It's Boruto. I was wondering if you could possibly watch the twins. Sarada and I want to go out for a bit and maybe get some work done. Give me a call back. Thanks." I said into the phone as I hung up. I walked back to Sarada. "Voicemail." I said as I took the kids again.

The phone rang, waking me up from a much needed nap. "Got it." Sarada said as she got up. "Hello? Oh! Hi! What's up!? Oh you can!! Alright! When should I drop em off? Got it. Thanks again! Love you! Bye!" She said between the conversation. "Shisu?" I asked. "Mhm. He can watch them whenever today. He got back from a mission so that's why didn't respond." Sarada said. "Alright. I'll drop em off." I said as I got up. "You sure? You've been working your butt off lately." She said. "Dropping the twins off shouldn't be too much trouble." I said. "Ok. I'll get ready to start getting boxes unpacked since we never finished that...." Sarada said. "Alright." I said.

I put the twins in the stroller and swung the bag around my shoulder.

I walked to the Uchiha's, where Shisu was. I knocked on the door as Shisu opened it. "Hey! How's it going!?" He asked. I loved how energetic this kid was. He'd make a great father. "Good! Thanks for watching them again!" I said. "No problem! I love watching them!!" He said. "I'll be off. Sarada's waiting for me so we can start cleaning." I said. "Alright. Enjoy!" He laughed.

"I'm home!" I shouted as I walked in the door. Suddenly, Sarada came running at me- full speed. "Sara-" I began as I was interrupted with her jumping onto me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me in the lips. We broke the kiss, she was still clinging onto me. "Sara? What the heck was that!?" I asked. "A welcome home gift. Also, a little energy for cleaning." She said with a wink. She let go. She turned around and began walking away. I smirked as the best idea came into my head. I walked passed her and smacked her butt and made a run for it. "BORUTO!!!! IM GONNA KILL YOU!!" She shouted. I began laughing. "Hey!! I was just spanking you for misbehaving!!" I laughed.

"Hey! Boruto! Come here!!" Sarada shouted. "Coming!" I shouted as I walked to her. She was on her knees near a box. It was opened and she was holding a piece of paper. "Look at this. We never finished going through our gifts from the wedding. Inojin made it." She said as she held up a picture.

I smiled as kissed the top of Sarada's head

I smiled as kissed the top of Sarada's head. I took the picture and hung it in the bedroom above my dresser.

"Dear, I've been wanting to asking. The necklace that you gave me, it had something written inside. What did it mean? You never told me." Sarada asked. "Hm. I can't believe I didn't tell you. You see the footprints?" I asked. "Yeah." She said as we looked at the necklace. "That symbolizes that we're taking things one step at a time. The writing. It says 'ai' which is 'love' in Japanese."

"All together it's One Step At A Time...through love."

"I love you my beautiful and perfect Sarada...Uzumaki."

"I love you my knucklehead idiot yet perfect Boruto...Uzumaki."