Home

Boruto's POV

I sat in bed, hoping Dad and Himawari would come back soon. I called Shikadai. "Hey, man. What's up?" He asked. Good. He was on camera. "Not much. Just ticked at Inojin right now. What about you?" I asked. "Chillin." He said. "You should come over. Even though I can't do much, we can still chill and watch TV, play our normal game..." I began. "It won't be the same. I mean, without Inojin." Shikadai said. "I know but maybe we both have to adapt. Unless he makes it up to my sister big time, we aren't talking." I said. Shikadai looked focused on something else on his screen. "Speak of the devil." He said. Oh no...

"Hey, guys." Inojin said. He was on camera too. Great. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I wanna tell you something. I apologized to Himawari. She said that it was ok and everyone makes mistakes. She was happy that I realized how inappropriate and terrible my actions were. I hope we can be chill too, Boruto." He said. I sighed. "I guess, yeah. If she was fine, I should be too." I said. "Thank you so much, Boruto." Inojin said. I nodded and smiled. "By the way, Shikadai, does anyone know about you and Sumire?" I asked. "Yeah, my parents and hers know. They were fine with it." He said. "Alright. You guys should come over. I can't move around or do anything to rough but we can still at LEAST talk in person." I said. "Sure. I'll double check with my parents." Inojin said. "Same." Shikadai said. "Hope to see you guys soon." I said, logging off.

"Mom!" I shouted. Soon after, Mom came upstairs. "What is it, dear?" She asked. "Can you check the oxygen for me. I also think my IV is low." I said. "Sure thing. Ino and Temari called me. Inojin and Shikadai are coming over for a bit." She said, checking everything and switching a few things around. "Alright." I said. She got a new thing of oxygen set up for me and got me hooked up on a new IV. "You should be good for a while now. I'll get your medicine, it's time for another dose." She said, going to my desk where my medicine was in a locked cabinet. She gave me my dose and cleaned things up in my room for me. "Need anything?" She asked. "I don't think so...maybe a few small snacks." I said. "Alright. I'll bring them up." She said, walking out of my room and downstairs to get them. I heard the front door open and close.

"Hi, Mrs. Uzumaki." Shikadai's voice said. "Hello, Shikadai. How are you doing?" Mom asked. "Good, and you?" He asked. "Just fine. Your mother called saying you were visiting Boruto. I suppose that's why you're here?" She asked. "Yeah. Inojin should be here soon. I met him in town and he said he'd be here after he picks something up from the store." Shikadai said. "Alright. I'll be up in Boruto's room in a moment to drop off snacks. He's waiting for you two and very excited." Mom said. "Alright. Thanks." He said.

He walked into my room. "Hey, man. How's it goin!?" He asked, coming to my bed and giving me a high five. "Obviously been better. You?" I asked. "Pretty good. When can you get outta bed and start missions again?" He asked. "Don't know. I was barely able to get out of the hospital." I said. "Hey, Boruto." Inojin said, walking into my room with a bag in his hand. "Hey, what's up?" I asked. "Not much." He said, putting the bag down by the end of my bed. "Dude, your arm's bleeding a lot." Shikadai pointed out. "Oh crap. Hey, Mom! Can you bring up some bandages too?" I shouted. "Sure thing. I'll be up in a moment." She said. "Your Mom is so cool. My Mom would just tell me to do it myself." Shikadai said. "Yeah that's all because your Dad is lazy and so are you." Inojin laughed. "Shut up, dude." Shikadai said.

Soon enough, Mom came upstairs with two trays of snacks, bandages, and a dose of medicines for me that she kept downstairs. "Alright, Sakura dropped this off earlier. She was afraid that you were going to get high off of the medication she'd given you before. Sarada reported that you did, so when you take that medicine, take this with it." Mom said. "Alright. My arm is bleeding, think you can possibly wrap it for me?" I asked. "Sure." She said, setting the trays on my desk. She wrapped my arm and made sure I was alright. "If you guys run out of snacks or get hungry, let me know." Mom smiled as she left and shut my door. "Thanks!" I said.

"So, how'd you end up in this mess!?" Shikadai asked. "Well.....I was an my way home and this...monster thing just attacked me out of nowhere. It sat on my stomach and punched my chest real hard. Reinforcements came and I was taken to the hospital. I have 5 broken ribs, a punctured lung, a sprained wrist." I said with a sigh. "Dang.....I'm surprised you came home after one day..." Inojin said. All of our attention was on the door after it sounded a knock. "Come in." I said. The door opened and revealed Dad and Sarada. "Oh, hey." I said. "Hey. How you feeling?" Dad asked. "I'm alright." I said. "Good. How you guys doing, Shikadai, Inojin?" Dad asked. "Good." Inojin asked. "Same. You?" Shikadai asked. "Busy but good." He said. "I'll be downstairs with your mother if you need anything." Dad said as I nodded and he left.

"So, I wanted to talk with you guys about something." Sarada said. "Yeah? What's up?" I asked. Sarada sat on the end of my bed and sighed. "We've all been requested for ANBU, am I right?" She asked. We all nodded. "Well, what do you guys say?" She asked. "I think I'm going to do it." Inojin said. "It's gonna be a huge drag but I might as well do it." Shikadai said. "I want to....I just am not sure how this injury will affect my future." I said. "I've been thinking.......I think I might do it. I'll be the only girl out of our academy days doing it but if it'll make me a stronger woman and help me accomplish my goal of Hokage, I'm in." Sarada said. "Proud." I whispered under my breath. "You say something?" Inojin asked. "No, it's nothing." I smiled.

Hey guys!! So, updates will be getting slower and slower now that my break is ending soon and...yeah. I hope you are all enjoying! Comment for any recommendations or questions- don't be shy! I love answering questions and checking out your recommendations! Anyway, I hope you enjoy what is to come!!
-HH2017

Edited: 2/26/19