Nervous

Boruto's POV

I sat in bed, waiting for Sarada and Himawari to come upstairs. They finally got to my room as they talked. "Sarada.....hey!" I said happily. "Hey, Boruto!" She said with a smile. Dang, her smile was just too perfect. "Hey, Himawari, I have to talk to your brother about some stuff alone. I'll talk with you soon though, I promise." Sarada said. "Alright. See ya!" She said as she ran to her room. I sighed. Sarada pulled a chair up to my bed. She grabbed my hand and I held hers back. "What's up?" I asked. "Boruto......I'm a little nervous. I got here earlier then I expected. The reason is the part I'm nervous about." She started as she swallowed some of her fear that was trembling in her eyes. "It's ok. Tell me." I said. "Mom said she was called in early because someone from part of our family needed her. I'm scared. Dad just returned today and he never came home, it was only reported that he came back. He wasn't in the best condition so it might be him. Mom was called to an EMERGENCY situation. I'm scared, Boru.....what's gonna happen!?" She asked as she began crying. I lifted my arm that I could move to signal her into a hug. I let her cry on my shoulder as I combed my fingers through her hair. "It'll be ok, Sarada. You're dad is a very strong man. Trust me.  You know I'm always here for you, right?" I asked as I felt her nod.

Her crying died down. "Now what do you wanna do?" I asked. "Movie?" She asked. "Sure. My mom will be up in a minute to give me my meds, we can ask her to make some popcorn." I said. "Oh, yeah, where am I sleeping so I can put my stuff somewhere?" She asked. "Probably in Himawari's room." I said. "Gotcha. I'll leave stuff in here until I go to bed." Sarada said. "Whatcha wanna watch?" I asked. "I dunno. Have you seen that new movie about the gamers?" Sarada asked. "No. Have you?" I asked. "No, I was saving it for watching with you. I bought it on the way here." Sarada said, opening her bag and taking the box out. "Awesome!! Let's do it!" I said happily.

I knock rang through the room as Sarada moved a few things around so we could somehow watch the movie comfortably with the situation I was in and with my room being a mess and all. "Come in!" I said. Mom came in with a glass of water and a bowl- probably of popcorn because she knows we always watch movies together. "Time for medicine. I made some popcorn for the two of you, too." Mom said, putting the bowl on my table and handing my water to me as she got the medicine. I took my medicine. "Need anything, Sarada?" Mom asked. "No, thanks though!" She said. "Ok, just holler if anyone needs anything. I'll be downstairs and I'll let you know when the rest of us go to bed." Mom said. My mom turned the opposite way-into the direction of Himawari's room. "Where you going? I thought you were going downstairs." I asked, politely. "Himawari said she didn't feel good so I'm just checking on her."

Sarada and I watched our movie as another knock was heard. Sarada paused it and hollered for whoever was there to come in. Mom came in looking tired. "Mom, are you ok?!" I asked, sitting up and being slightly more alerted. "Yeah....Sarada, I'm not sure where you're going to sleep tonight. Himawari's sick and I don't you getting what she has. I'll talk to Naruto about it and see what he thinks is smartest but for most of the night I'll be up with Himawari." Mom said. "Ok, just be careful and try and get some sleep." Sarada said, worry in her voice. "Thank you for your concern but I'll be ok. I probably won't see you guys for the rest of the night so good night Boruto, Sarada." Mom said, walking to me and kissing my forehead like usual. "Good night." Sarada and I both said. She left and Sarada and I sighed. "She works too hard sometimes. It's ok though." I reassured Sarada. "Alright. Let's finish this movie." Sarada said. She was fake smiling. Something wasn't right.

"Sarada, wait. Are you ok?" I asked before she started the movie back up. She sighed. "Just thinking about Mom and Dad. I'll be ok." She said. "Ok. I'll be here if you need anything though." I said. She nodded and started the movie.

Soon after the movie ended and we just began talking about different games and stuff, Dad came in. "Hey, what's up?" I asked. "Hey, Sarada, do you mind stepping I to the hall real quick? I need to talk with Boruto and then I'll talk with you. Don't worry, nothing's wrong." He said. Sarada nodded and left.

"So, since your sister is sick, Sarada doesn't have anywhere to sleep. You know what I'm getting at, don't you?" He asked. I sighed and nodded. "You need to be mature during this time. I already talked to Sarada's parents and they said as long as I talk to the two of you it's fine. Just please, don't make me regret this choice." He said with a straight face. "Alright." I said. "Thanks, bud." He said, ruffling my hair with a smile.

Sarada's POV

I waited outside of Boruto's room, waiting to find out what's happening. The door opened. "Sarada, so, since Himawari is sick, there's not really anywhere else for you to sleep. I'm sorry that this is last minute. I talked to your mom and she said it was alright. Boruto will be more mature during this time. Once again, I apologize for this." Mr. Uzumaki said. "I-It's alright. I've dealt with worse." I said. He opened the door so I could go back in. He nodded to Boruto, who also nodded back, and left us.

Boruto's POV

I sat on my bed, an awkward silence between Sarada and I. "I really wish I could at least sleep on the ground so you'd have somewhere comfortable to sleep." I said. "It's alright." She said. She sat on the ground, her knees folded to her chest as she held them close. "Are you ok, Sara?" I asked. She looked at me. "Just nervous about what's going to happen with my parents." She said. "But is that all, love?" I asked. She blushed a little after me calling her that. "I'm just tired." She said. There was definitely something else but I didn't want to push her too far.

We laid in an awkward silence. I sighed heavily as I shut my eyes. "Good night, Sara." I said. "Good night, Boru." She said.

Hope you guys liked it!!

Edited: 2/26/19