"Hi, mama I was in the park with the pups and think I dozed off a bit". I say hoping for no more screaming.

"Alright, now come home in 20 mins, bye". She says and hangs up. 

I sigh and see it's already evening, which means I slept most of the day. I check my phone while walking towards home. I replied to all the "Birthday messages" with thank yous and no thank yous to the offers of going clubbing at night. There's one from Alpha Ivan, but I know it's the automatic machine that sends everyone's birthday wishes from Alpha since he is always very busy. Well, that's very considerate of him. 

I'm finally home and...   

It's such chaos here, which was expected. Everyone is going here and there to decorate the house or prepare the food and Kay, the biggest dork alive, is singing "Happy birthday to you~" like a kid. Sometimes I wonder if his mindset is of a five-year-old or something. I ignored my brother, who pouted at me in return, and go to my mama and see she is setting up the table.

I went and helped her and saw that she had made a lot of food. Looks like we don't have to cook for another 5 years. I call my dad who is still blowing the same balloon for the last 5 minutes. I went and collect Kay who brought Linda and Mathew. Behind him I see my remaining family coming in with gifts and food. No one told me it was a party. I thought It was just dinner. 

I went to greet Uncle Gary and Aunt Susan. Emilia, my cousin, and her younger twin brothers were fighting about who will wish me first. I go and hug them, breaking off their quarrel. They gave me the presents they brought and we all helped set the food and sit for dinner.

"Who will say the grace?" My dad asks.

"I will!" Kay replies and furiously waved his hand with a big grin on his face.

We all close our eyes and join hands together so it's a big circle. I'm sitting between mama and Kay and they both smile at me while taking my hand. 

"Dear Goddess of Moon, We are all here together in your name to celebrate Karter's birthday. We thank you that you have protected this group of family and friends and you didn't leave us in times of need and sorrow. I thank you and pray for Karter that you have given him health and happiness. I pray that you help him find his mate as soon as possible so he can live happily, content, and safe. Amen." He finishes.

"Amen." We all say and the adults lift their glasses of wine to toast. I kissed Kayne's cheek as a thank you and he kissed my head in return.

We started eating and conversing about this and that and how their lives have been and how their job and children are such a handful. I, Linda, Emilia, and Mathew talked about how we spent our day and Emilia's birthday which is next month. She rants on and on about how she wishes a prince/cess charming will show up at her birthday party and take her away from her evil brothers who stuck their youngest out in response. 

"Hi Kar." I heard Mathew shyly speak from behind me. I turned around from helping mom and looked at his blushing figure. 

"Hi, Matt," I replied and smiled at him. He's so cute when he gets a blushy mess! I always knew he had a crush on me. I heard him tell that to his best friend and I just couldn't resist but listen. He said he wished I'll be his mate but even if I'm not, he will accept it and move on. Mathew has been always like a brother to me so after listening to him say that, I started to feel awkward around him for a few days. I'm just glad he will forget about his crush after I find my mate.

"I got you this." He showed me a small box with cute wrapping around it.

"You already gave me a gift." I confusingly asked because I opened his present while I was opening the others. He got me 5 books and I'm so excited to read them all in one day!