• 20 •

zg

zg.cholphin

I causally made my way down to the corner shop, not really caring whether I was late or on time since I was still slightly pissed off at Jisung for what happened yesterday. I was surprised by the sudden change of weather, as it went from dark and rainy to warm and sunny.

As I approached the shop, I saw Jisung's blonde hair obviously against the dark walls of the shop, and he wore a plain white, short sleeved shirt and a simple pair of black jeans, but still managed to look-

"Hyung!"

I suddenly snapped out of my thoughts, straightening up when I saw Jisung running towards me.

"Don't call me that, I've told you already. I don't like it" I muttered, and he laughed, then coughed slightly.

"I- ah, are you coming, then?" Jisung said, and I nodded.

"I guess" I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling at Jisung's small grin, and let him grab hold of my wrist as he lead me down the street.

The walk took about ten minutes, but when we reached the house, I immediately raised my eyebrows, not expecting that.

The house was big, white walls and many windows making it almost look like a school, and confusing me even more when I saw a pit of paint flying towards one window, Jisung rolling his eyes as he unlocked the gate and guided me through.

As he was about to open the door, he stopped, turning around to me and grabbing hold of my shoulders.

"Chenle, you have to swear that you won't judge me, okay?" He asked, which only made me confused even more, but I nodded. "Say it. Please. This explains everything, and I need to know that you won't turn on me like everyone else did"

"Okay, I won't. But what's the big-?"

I was cut off when he opened the door, my ears immediately being attacked with the piercing screeches of children and cries from a room far back. Jisung grabbed hold of my wrist, pulling me through the door and into the chaotic house, closing the door and sighing. I looked around, everyone staring at me as if I was some kind of alien, and everything was quiet until a girl (around ten years old, I assumed) spoke up.

"Is he Sung's boyfriend?"

"H-Hey, Lee Jinae, he's...he's not!" Jisung yelled, his face clearly showing the fact that he was flustered by the child's sudden question. And with that, he signalled up the stairs, running up them with me following until he literally fell into a room I guessed was his, and I followed him.

"Sorry, Jinae thinks I'm a walking rainbow" He laughed, sitting down on the bed in the centre of the room and signalling for me to do the same. "Not that she's-"

"You invited me here to explain, now explain" I cut Jisung off, and he looked at me before sighing.

"Okay, this- all of this, this isn't my home. Technically, it is, but to me it's not" he paused, smiling slightly. "My parents left when I was seven. This is my...care centre, sure. I'm an orphan, Jinae's an orphan, all of us are. And people at school found out and they didn't take it well at all"

"I used to be the popular kid, everyone was my friend and I loved that, but then I invited one of my friends over, he left immediately. I got back to school the next day and everyone suddenly hated me. It turned from mental bullying to physical and it's so hard to deal with that on top of knowing I wasn't good enough for my parents-"

He stopped suddenly, probably realising he was ranting and looked down; muttering "that's when my depression started to hit me more than it did before"

It was silent. Just pure silence that carried way too many emotions. Jisung awkwardly looked up at me, then glanced away.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have-"

But I cut him off when I threw my arms around his neck, causing him to fall backwards on his bed as I tucked my head into his chest, accidentally letting out a shaky sob after listening to his story. I could tell that he was shocked, but he eventually his arms wrapped around my waist and he made small circles on my back with his fingers.

"Le?" Jisung whispered, his hands moving from my back to push softly on my chest to try and get me to move. I did, and wiped my eyes, feeling stupid for what I just did as I looked away from Jisung.

"Sorry, I just- I didn't know, I wouldn't have ignored you if I knew-" He held a finger up to my lips, and I fell quiet. His finger moved from my lips to my chin, listing my head so I was facing him.

"Don't do that again, I don't like it"

And with that, his head dropped into my shoulder, arms wrapping around my waist as he continued to pull himself closer to me until he was sat on my lap.

And I just smiled, hugging him back and holding him close.

THIS TOOK FOREVER AND ITS NOT EVEN GOOD LMAO BUT SOFT HOURS