Chapter Thirty-Four

I don't own anything, not the characters.

I also want to thank pup MissMoon123 and puplover18 for the awesome idea that is included in this chapter!

Roy was waiting and waiting. What was he waiting for? More like who was he waiting for? Honestly, the answer was simple, it was only five letters long. P. E. R. C. Y. It was Friday and he stood by the schoolyard, waiting for her to rush out of the school doors. To see her long black hair flowing on the wind, to see her sea green eyes shine in excitement. But when the school doors opened and students rushed out he didn't see Percy anywhere. Where could she be? He walked up to the one person (in the crowd) who might know where she was, Alicia.

"Hey, Alicia. Do you know where Percy is?"

"Oh, Roy!" She exclaimed in surprise. "I thought you might now. She disappeared after lunch."

"No, I don't know where she is," Roy said.

Alicia pursed her lips as she pondered where Percy could be.

"Wait," she whispered. "You don't think it could have anything to do with Octavian? He doesn't really seem to like Percy and he knows her secret identity."

Roy's eyes narrowed slightly in anger, not at Alicia, but at Octavian. Roy took a deep breath to control his anger. "I check it out, thanks."

Then Roy went straight to his apartment. His mind raced as he wondered many things. Where was Octavian? Was Percy alright? How was he supposed to find Percy? Was Octavian going to leave clues? Was he going to give away his location, just like he had with Alicia? Before he knew it Roy arrived at his apartment building. He ran up to his apartment, inserted the key in the lock and unlocked the door. He stepped into his apartment and locked his door. He ran his hand through his hair and closed his eyes for a moment.

Then he started to look around his entire apartment to see if Octavian had left a clue of any sort. As he searched through his apartment a small thought arose. What if Octavian doesn't have her? He shook his head and stopped searching for a moment, ... it couldn't hurt to make some calls.

First, he called Robin, who picked up quickly.

"Hey, Roy," he said.

"Hey, do you know where Percy is? When was the last time you saw her?" He asked.

"Um, I haven't seen her since this morning, what's up?" Robin asked.

"Nothing, nothing that you need to think about," Roy said and hung up.

Next call was to Diana, Percy mentor. Diana also picked up quickly which was a relief to Roy.

"This is Roy," Roy said. "Do you know where Percy is?"

"No, I have not seen her since... I have not seen her today."

"Oh, okay," Roy said and hung up.

Now he was sure, Octavian or some other villain had her, he was sure of it. He continued his search for clues which was worth the time it took. He found a long letter, but the words wherein languages he didn't understand. He scanned the paper, trying to find any languages he recognized. He ran down to his base and scanned the paper, finding out that every three words were a different language. He knew that google translate wasn't the most reliable, but it would give him an answer close to the original one. He put in the first three words into translate and they came out in the English language. He wrote the English words down and continued. The letter was long and it took some time to write the words into translate and to write down the English words. He didn't want to mess it up by rushing, but he couldn't stand that Octavian had Percy. He looked up at the wall in front of him, pictures everywhere. He remembered every single one of them. Since he'd met Percy a lot of more pictures had been added. He wanted to just sit there and look at them, but he couldn't. He had a job to do.

When he had the letter translated he read it, duh. When he'd finished reading the letter he groaned. More puzzles for him to solve. There was an entire letter in one language now, and he had to put the whole thing in translate. It took its time (putting the letter into translate), but he found out that the letter was in Latin, strange. Didn't the ancient Romans speak Latin.... then he remembered the time that Percy told him about the Roman camp, she mentioned an Octavian. Of course, the Octavian that Riptide battled was the same Octavian that did not like Percy Jackson, he facepalmed. How had he not seen it before? He ready through the recently translated letter and after a few minutes of math and whatnot he finally figured out where Percy was. He stood up so abruptly that his chair fell onto the floor, not that he cared. He ran to where his uniform was and put it on in record time. He ran and grabbed his arrows and ran to the exit and entrance of his base only to find that it had been locked. He groaned in frustration and cursed Octavian.

"Right, tech-y arrows," Roy said and winced at the word he used for the arrows. Percy always called them that. Why did he wince? Percy wasn't dead and she wouldn't die soon, not in his watch.

He fired the tech-y arrow at the door and waited for a moment. A few beeps sounded and he waited. The door stayed locked.

"Well, then," he said and pulled out an explosive arrow. "I have no other options."

He fired the explosive arrow and explosion sounded. When he opened his eyes he saw a big hole in the door. He smiled and ran out of his base, now to find Percy...