Chapter Twenty-Nine

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

The team stood around Artemis' unconscious form. She was flat back on her back, her arms spread out, but still kind of close to her. Her legs were maybe a few centimeters apart, but apart from that, they were pretty close.

Percy eventually got bored of just watching so she dumped a bunch of cold water on her. As the water made contact with her skin she shot right up, awake.

"Percy!" She yelled. "Why did you knock me out?"

"Uh, I don't know," Percy replied.

"You little prankster! Mark my words, I will have my revenge!" Artemis said.

"Sure you will," Percy said sarcastically.

-

Around a half hour later they found themselves in the living room watching a movie. It was some superhero movie, just like the ones she found herself watching with Roy or the team all the time.

Sometimes she wondered what it would be like if there was a tv show or movie about Young Justice, what would it be like? Maybe it already existed in other dimensions, but who knows?

When the movie finished the group split up, the girls went into their room, while the boys went into theirs.

Percy immediately sat down on the sea-green sheets of her bed, and the others joined her.

"So, you and Wally?" Percy asked.

Artemis blushed a deep red.

"I'll take that as a yes," Percy concluded.

"Megan, how is it with Connor?" Artemis asked.

"It's great, how about with you and Wally?" Megan said.

"Good, at least so far. We only kissed maybe a few hours ago," Artemis said. "What about you Percy? How's it with Roy?"

"It's great," Percy said. "He actually helped me with my archery a few days ago, I was able to shoot an arrow straight ahead! It didn't zoom up in the air or fly behind me."

"You know what? That's good, your archery skills were..." Artemis said.

"Awful? I know," Percy said.

-

Around midnight both Megan and Artemis woke up. Not willingly, of course.

Percy's screams of sorrow and pain were the cause. You can't really sleep with someone next to you screaming their lungs out.

"Percy!" Megan exclaimed in worry. "What's happening?"

"I don't know, Megan," Artemis said.

"Annabeth! No! Don't leave me!" Percy yelled out.

"Wasn't Annabeth Percy's best friend?" Megan asked.

"Yeah, she was," Artemis confirmed.

"Are these walls sound-proof?" Artemis asked.

"Not Percy's, I don't think," Megan answered.

To confirm their suspicions they heard the scuffling of feet running down the hallway.

Wally quickly entered the room. "What'shappeningIjustheardscreamingsoIranhereand..." He trailed off as he saw Percy screaming and thrashing, her skin slightly shiny from all the sweat.

Then Roy came. "What happened?" He asked.

"It's Percy, she just started screaming!" Megan exclaimed, her eyes tearing up.

Roy rushed over to her and started slightly to shake her. "Percy, it's okay," he said in a calm voice.

He had an idea of what was happening, Percy had told her about her adventures, so it was obvious to him that she would have nightmares like these. It was probably from Tartarus so he tried his best to help.

"It's over, you're no longer there. You're safe, okay?" He said, his eyes starting to tear up.

By this time the other boys had arrived at the girl's room too.

"We're at Mt. Justice, Percy. It's over, the wars over," he said.

After several minutes of this, she shot up, breathing heavily. Roy quickly wrapped his arms around her and she started crying in his shoulder.

Artemis and Megan ushered everyone out of the room, except for Percy and Roy of course, and closed the door on the way out.

"I don't know what happened, I usually don't scream anymore, just sweat and thrash," Percy said.

"It's okay," Roy said.

"I was there, again," Percy said and Roy immediately understood she meant Tartarus.

"You're now there now, are you? It was just a dream, a nightmare," he said.

"I knew, it was just so realistic," she said.

"I understand, but no matter how realistic, it wasn't real," he said.

"I felt it, I felt all of it, all the wounds," she said. "It hurt."

Roy only tightened his grip on her, hugging her closer than before. Then Percy looked at up at him with her sea-green eyes, puffy and red from crying.

She closed her eyes and their lips connected. He still held her close to him, but she wrapped her arms around her neck. All of the outside noises and troubles were forgotten, it was blissful until a certain voice called out, "MY EYES!!"

Percy's eyes shot open and she leaned away from the kiss.

"Uh, Wally?" She asked.

"We thought... we heard that you were done crying soo..." Wally trailed off.

Percy chuckled.

"Well, Roy, my friends and I have to sleep, and I bet you do too, so why don't you go with your guy friends and..." she said.

"Okay," he said as he reluctantly let her go.

Her arms also let go of him as he got up.

"Goodnight, Seph," he said.

"Goodnight, Red."

-

The rest of the night went without screams and in the morning the team met up for breakfast.

"What are we gonna have for breakfast?" Wally asked.

"I don't know? Maybe bread and yogurt? Breakfast stuff?"

-

When breakfast was ready they all sat down at the table and started eating.

"Um, 'bout last night.. could we just forget that? I just have nightmares from my past," Percy said.

The replies were similar and positive.

"Thanks," Percy said.

They continued their breakfast, unaware of the mission they would have later that day.

-

In the middle of the day, they were called down to the debriefing room for a mission.

They stood, all eight of them (yes, Roy was there) as Batman walked into the room.

"The Justice League have caught word that a hostage situation is being planned for one of Mr. Dare's charity balls, you all are to go there, undercover, and make sure nothing goes wrong, if a hostage situation does take place, you are there to help the civilians. You leave at 5:30, be ready by then," Batman said.

Percy was very pleased and happy, she was going to meet Rachel after who knows how long?!