Chapter Sixteen

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

School has passed for the day and Percy sat in the mountain. Megan was probably in the kitchen, maybe baking? Connor... well, she didn't know where he was. It was only a matter of time before the other teammates came. Today everyone would be at the mountain since, yesterday, Batman had informed them they were going to have a mission.

First of the remaining teammates to return to the mountain was Wally. He quickly zoomed to the kitchen, probably to flirt with Megan. Then a few minutes later Robin came. After him, Artemis came.

Thirty minutes later they were called into the debriefing room.

When they were at the debriefing room, Batman told them about the mission.

It was another covert, spy on drug dealers thing. The team left to get changed and they did. Percy stood in her room, in costume, when Artemis walked in, also in costume.

"Hello, Artemis," Percy greeted.

"We're meeting by the bio-ship now, just so you know," Artemis said and walked out of the room as Percy followed her.

-

Artemis and Percy chatted as they flew to their destination, and when they finally did arrive at their destination, all of them on stealth gear, except Superboy, the chatting ended.

The mind link started and they started talking through it.

They then dropped down to the ground as they snuck up to the building.

Kid Idiot, you better not mess this up like you did last time, Artemis warned.

I just sneezed! Kid Flash said.

Yeah, and you revealed us! Riptide said, siding with Artemis.

Please, do not argue. We need to focus on our mission, Aqualad said.

They quietly walked through the building and Riptide got a feeling of deja vu.

Please, Wally, do not sneeze this time, she said.

She received no answer as they continued to make their way through the building. When they entered to room with the drug dealers and goons they were quiet, undetected. Now, Riptide realized how similar this mission was to their last one, just that Roy wasn't with them this time, which immediately made worse in Riptides book.

They sat there and observed, Robin was probably recording it through some device. Wally, thankfully, stayed quiet. Really, they all stayed quiet, and waited, listened. Her sea-green eyes traveled over the area, taking in her surroundings.

Several desks stood around the room, on some of the desks' boxes stood, and on some papers lay. The papers were usually accompanied by pens for writing purposes.

Men walked around the room, on the lookout for people like the team. Thankfully they didn't see them. Then someone walked into the room and Riptide resisted the urge to groan. Octavian. That annoying, stuffed animal killer. What was he even doing here, she wondered.

Is that the guy who tried to sacrifice us? Robin said.

Yeah, Octavian, Riptide said.

Do you know him, Wally asked.

Yes, I do. He's very annoying and cuts open stuffed animals to use their insides to predict the future, he's too much of a coward to use real animals, Percy said, dislike evident in her tone.

Okay, that it weird, Wally said.

Duh, Kid Idiot, Artemis said.

The two of them continued bickering until Miss Martian told them to stop. They stopped arguing, but they still glared at each other.

Then Octavian left with a bag of something.

I'm going after him, Riptide said.

She didn't wait for a response before she made her way out of there. She quietly made her way to Octavian.

"Hello Octavian," She said as she stepped out of the shadows.

Octavian had his back turned to her, so he didn't see her. He jumped and shrieked, and Riptide tried her best not to laugh.

"Percy?" He asked.

"Wait, you can speak now?" She asked.

"I fixed my vocals, Persephone," he said.

Then he turned around, and his features twisted in confusion.

"Wait, that's not Percy, is it? But, it does seem like you. You look like her, but... You must be Persephone," he said.

"Well, you got me there Octavian," she said. "Now, tell me what you're doing."

"I'm rising in the ranks of villainy," he said.

Percy snorted. "You? A villain?"

"Yes, Persephone," he said.

And only then did she remember how annoying Octavian was, always using her full first name just to annoy her.

"What? Was New Rome not good enough for you?" She asked.

"No, I realized that wasn't my place, the gods have other plans for me," he said.

"Or did the Romans just cast you out?" She taunted.

"They didn't, and wouldn't," he said.

"Are you so sure? Words were your only weapon and when they started failing you... well, maybe they realized what an idiot you are," she said.

"Persephone, I'm no fool or idiot-"

"And yet you tried to sacrifice the daughter of Poseidon to Neptune, if that's not stupid, foolish and idiotic, I don't know what is."

Octavian growled and ran. Percy of course ran after Octavian, throwing insults at him as she chased him. Finally, she had him cornered.

"Well, how does it feel?" He asked.

"What?"

"That feeling. That you weren't able to save your friends, that they're all dead because of you and your nose bleeds," he said.

Her eyes started to water up and he smirked.

"Did I strike a nerve?" He asked.

"You evil little-"

"-what would they say if they saw you now? Would they be happy or sad? How would they feel that you moved on so quickly? From one team to the next? To another group of heroes?" Octavian taunted.

"Shut up!" Percy yelled as tears slipped down her cheeks.

Octavian smiled and slipped away into the shadows.

"Curse him," she muttered.

Then Artemis came and lay a hand on her shoulder.

"Riptide, are you okay? We just heard you yell at someone," she said.

"I'm fine," Riptide said, wiping the tears from her cheeks. "It was just Octavian, after all."

"That little bastard?" She asked.

"Yeah, that little bastard."

So, what did you guys think of the chapter? Was it good? Or bad? What do you guys want to see in the next chapters?

Now for the question of the chapter!

Have you guys seen the three episodes of Season 3 of Young Justice that have been released? I have and they are so good!