Chapter Eight

Okay, so I've decided that this story will be Percy x Roy. I just think they can relate on another later that Percy can't with the others and I wanted to do something different. I know the story doesn't completely match up with the timeline, but can you just ignore that? For the sake of the story.

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

Percy and Diana sat at the dinner table at Diana's apartment. Percy has decided to visit and well, Diana had obviously welcomed her with open arms.

"So, Percy, there is someone I know, that you maybe might want to meet, I just have a feeling you two could get along," Diana said.

"Oh, so who is this person?" Percy asked.

"Well, he's gone through a similar thing as you have. Feels the same as you did a few months back, you probably still feel this way. Well, he feels that he's tired of being a 'pawn' as you put it, or in his case a sidekick," Diana explained.

"What's his name?" Percy asked.

"He was Speedy, but then went solo to become Red Arrow, and his name is Roy," Diana said.

"Huh, Yeah, I think it would be interesting to meet him," Percy said, but the paused. "I swear if this is another one of your tries at getting me together with someone..."

-

Percy sat on a bench by the park in her civvies, waiting for Roy to come. She'd only waited for a minute and knew everyone wasn't exactly on time, maybe she was early.

Her thoughts cleared as a person approached her. He had auburn hair and blue eyes. He looked tall and you could see that he trained, due to his muscles. He wore a red shirt with black jeans.

He walked over to her and sat down beside her.

"You must be Percy," he said.

"And you must be Roy," she responded.

There was an awkward silence that inhabited their (almost) conversation for a minute before Percy pulled out two sandwiches from the picnic bag she had brought with her.

"Sandwich? It's only butter, so you'll fine if you have any allergies, unless you're allergic to butter," she said.

"Thanks, and no, I'm not allergic to butter."

"That's a relief."

They ate their sandwiches while chatting lightly.

"So, Percy, I heard you joined the junior Justice League," Roy said.

"Yeah, it's actually not bad. Artemis is cool, Megan is too. Wally can be very annoying, Robin is well... Robin. Superboy, he's moody," Percy said.

"I don't really trust Artemis, she seems ... suspicious. I mean, she's not even Green Arrows niece," Roy said.

Percy nodded in understanding. "Well, she's a good friend nonetheless."

Now it was Roy's turn to nod in understanding.

"Well, tomorrow I'm planning on saving a doctor, who has been kidnapped, from the Shadows. You could come along if you wish, going solo can be lonely sometimes," Roy said.

"I'd love to. Diana said that you went solo because you were tired of being treated like a sidekick, trust me I know how it feels. Before I became Diana's protégé, I was someone else, I 'worked' for someone else. They'd send me into battle after battle, they didn't just send me, they sent others too, many others, my friends, and people I didn't know. Now, well, my friends aren't here anymore," Percy said and wiped a tear off her cheek.

"Hey, I'm sorry for your loss," Roy said.

"It's just... I miss them," Percy said.

"Could you tell me about them? Unless that would make you feel worse," Roy said.

"No, I'll tell you about them," Percy said.

"So, first we have Annabeth, Annabeth Chase. She was smart and saved me so many times. I would be dead several times over without her. She'd always call me Seaweed Brain, and I called her Wise Girl. She'd always correct me and I used to be kind of annoyed by it, but now I miss it. I met her when I was twelve and we've been friends ever since then.

Then there's Jason, my cousin. He was serious and always followed the rules, but he became more laid back later. He was a natural leader, but he always doubted himself. My friends and I called him Sparky.

Thalia Grace, my other cousin and Jason's sister, was separated from Jason when they were young. She'd thought her mother had killed him. She was brave, strong, she had a bit of a temper, and was also a natural leader, she loved to lead. Her nickname was Pinecone Face, and she'd call me Kelp Head."

-

Percy kept talking about her friends and explained them all to Roy in detail. He listened to her every word and shared his opinion about them and the stories she told him about them.

"Well, if you are going to help me tomorrow we should head to my apartment and go through the strategies and those things," Roy said when she'd finished talking about her friends.

She grinned and agreed.

Since the apartment wasn't that far away so they walked. They discussed different things on their way to the apartment.

"The nicknames you mentioned? They seem kind of ... unique. How did you get them?" Roy asked.

"Oh, well, it all has to do with experiences. I got Seaweed Brain because Annabeth thought that I was stupid sometimes and I was stupid because my brain was full of seaweed, same with Thalia because seaweed and kelp are practically the same thing," Percy said and laughed.

When they'd arrived at the apartment and Roy had locked it up they walked inside. Roy showed her his plans for saving the doctor and they adjusted them so they would work for two people.

"So, what's the name of this doctor?" Percy asked.

"Doctor Serling Roquette,"

"No one I've heard of before," Percy said.

"Neither had I," Roy admitted.

They continued going over the plan, perfecting and memorizing it. Percy even brought out the leftover blue cookies from the picnic.

Then the time came where Percy has to leave.

"Okay, so tomorrow? When should I be here, or should we meet at some other place?" Percy asked.

"Be here at 13:00. Then we'll have plenty of time to train, talk, and prepare," Roy said.

Percy nodded.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow then," she said and left.

She walked out of the apartment building and to Diana's apartment where she would be staying the night.