Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

I stood and shook myself out, feeling nervous. "Two swords or one?" I asked. She looked thoughtful for a moment.

"One," she said after a minute. I quickly took the black ring and transformed it into a sword. I heard an excited noise from behind me. "Let's take this nice and slow," Shura offered. Immediately, she charged me. I knew 'nice and slow' was being used very loosely. I also knew that she meant that I was not to use any power or summon Katsuro.

We danced around each other with waves of our swords, the sound of steel against steel clashing together filling the room. I felt surprisingly good despite all my time off. I couldn't even feel my wound. All I could feel was the vibrations of my arms as our swords crashed. Power thrummed through my body, wanting desperately to used, but I suppressed it. I didn't know until that moment how much I missed this, how much I enjoyed sword fighting. All I felt was amazing, there was so fear, no worry, no stress.

After a few long minutes of trading blows and parries, Shura jumped back, ending the fight. "You seem to be feeling pretty good, and with one sword to boot," Shura praised.

"You were going easy on me," I pointed out. She only shrugged. I heard clapping from the other end of the room and turned to see Lightning standing and clapping.

"That was magnificent," he exclaimed.

"She was going easy on me," I told him simply, knowing this was just a warm up to get me back in shape.

"Grab your other sword, and we'll start again," Shura said. She hadn't broken a sweat and wasn't even out of breath. I, on the other hand, was already sweating more than I would've wanted to admit and very out of breath. I nodded at my teacher and held up one finger to let her know I needed a minute. I was so out of shape.

For the next half an hour or so, we worked on starting to get my muscles back into shape, trying to get my body back to the stress sword fight brought on. Lightning watched the entire time, looking very excited. It was slightly disturbing, but I brushed it off, focusing on the fight. Sparring went pretty well, but when the time came, I was whole heartedly ready to go back to he dorms and relax, and so I did so, letting Rin lead the way.

{Line Break}

Later that evening, I sat with Bon in the common room of the dorm, trying to find some peace and quiet. Most of the time, everyone hung out in the kitchen and dining room area unless Shima and Rin were playing video games. They were both working on English homework, so it was perfect. It was quiet, the only sound being soft breathing and the sound of pages turning every couple minutes or so.

I was sitting in Bon's lap reading my book as he leaned back against the couch lazily. He had his eyes closed, and I could tell he was half asleep despite the rhythmic movement of his hand traveling up and down my side. His hair was down and in his eyes, his face soft and relaxed. It was good to see him so stress free.

Smiling at my boyfriend, I made to grab my bookmark carefully as to not disturb him. I set the book down on the end table and then proceeded to snuggle into him more, laying my side against his stomach and chest and my head against his shoulder, nuzzling into the crook of his neck slightly. I inhaled the sweet scent on his skin, just basking in the moment shared together.

His eyes fluttered open, and his brown eyes peered down at mine. One hand moved up to the rest on my back, and the other moved to grasp my hand, twining his fingers with mine. He brought both our hands up and kissed the back of mine, causing me to smile slightly. "Hey, babe" he muttered, brushing my hair away from my face. I smiled, nuzzling my face into his neck further. He chuckled and pulled me closer. "You're so cute," he muttered. A blushed and tried to curl into a ball, successfully kneeing Bon in the stomach.