Two Pink Lines

GEEZ.
It's been a while since I've written for this book, but my dear friend Elliot reminded me that I was going to do bonus chapters while dealing with writer's block with my other two books. So, here we are, and I'm super excited to be writing another bonus chapter for you all!
Again, I am taking requests! Just give me a comment or a PM! Enjoy!

Summary: Two pink lines. They could either make or break everything.

(Y/N)'s POV

I paced back and forth in the small bathroom of Ryuji and I's shared apartment, trying to calm the racing of my heart as it threatened to burst right out of my chest. I clutched my phone to my chest as I waited for the timer to go off. Lifting my phone from my heaving chest, I looked at the timer. 2 minutes and 15 seconds remaining. How could it have only been 45 seconds since I peed on the damn stick? It felt like an eternity of waiting.

It wasn't even odd that my period was late. In fact, it wasn't regular. It was all over the place. That had been the original reason I had even started on birth control, to try and make my period more predictable and less agonizing. But, I had a little feeling in the back of my mind that had led me to search up the most trusted pregnancy test on the market before running to pick it up from the nearest store.

I couldn't decide if it was a blessing or a curse that Ryuji was on a mission with a few other exorcists. A curse because I felt as if I had no one else to wait these three excruciatingly long minutes with. I couldn't tell Rin because he would get his hopes up. I couldn't tell Shima because there was no way he would keep his mouth shut. If I told Koneko, he would probably faint. Tobias would freak, and so would my father. I loved Mio like a mother, but I didn't want to get her hopes up either. No one even knew we were trying.

Well, truth be told, Ryuji and I didn't even know if we were really trying for a baby or not. Yes, we had a few long conversations about it, and we decided we were ready for a baby, but that didn't mean we were trying. But that didn't mean we were using protection either. I had stopped using my birth control, and we had gone without condoms, but we weren't trying. We had agreed that we were ready, but we were going to let it happen on it's own time. I just didn't expect it to happen so quickly. We had really only started talking in depth about it two months ago. And that was the blessing of Bon not being here. I had a week, seven days, at least to figure out my own feelings about it before I even had to try and face my husband of two years. He could be angry. He could be upset. He could blame me. He could leave me. He could do anything, and I would never be prepared.

The shrill beeping of the phone in my hands startled me from my thoughts as I continued to pace mindlessly back and forth in our tiny bathroom. I was quick to shut off the alarm, but much less eager to check the little stick on the bathroom counter. That little piece of plastic had the ability to change the rest of my life forever. So many things could go wrong. If it was positive, I could miscarry. The baby could be stillborn. Maybe the baby would have a life changing birth defect. If it was negative, maybe infertile. Maybe Ryuji and I would never have a baby. We wouldn't be able to provide an heir to the Suguro family temple. Mio, my father, Tatsuma, and Torako may never have grandchildren. They would be devastated.  

Taking a deep breath, and physically shaking myself, I banished those negative thoughts from my mind. I decided right then and there that I would be okay no matter the outcome. Ryuji loved me. My family loved me. Either way, I would be okay. Either way, we could handle it. Taking another deep breath, I grabbed the test off the counter and flipped it over before I could lose this sudden burst of confidence.