Chapter Nine

Here ya go! Comment and vote please!

The unpleasant sound of the blaring alarm clock had me up and scrambling to shut it off. I groaned and pulled my pillow over my head when I realized what day it was; the first day of school. I wasn't ready for twice the work load and I most certainly wasn't ready to deal with new people. Regular students started moving in a week ago and it was already a lot to deal with. I was just grateful they didn't assign me a roommate.

My father had told me to just me myself and of course Tobias said I'd probably just scare them off that way, and I couldn't really argue. After scolding my brother, my father said, just be nice, it does wonders. I only grumbled that I didn't need any more friends than what I already had. My father merely frowned but didn't say anything more. He knew I was stressed. This proved to be correct when I called him the night before in tears. I was homesick and not ready to go to school without my father sending me off. He had quickly soothed me with the reminder to text him if I needed anything, anything at all.

Groaning once more, I pushed myself out of bed and started getting ready for the day. Without really having to think, I slipped on my uniform and did my hair. Not really having anyone I wanted to impress, I didn't do anything special with my makeup; only the normal concealer and powder to cover up my dark circles and annoyingly red cheeks. I jumped, still half asleep, when my phone buzzed. I checked my phone, surprised to see Suguro had texted me.

Ryuji Suguro
6:16
Meet me outside your dorm in 5 minutes.

Straightforward as always, I thought. Doesn't give me much room to argue. Sighing, I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and plodded off to the bathroom, hoping to find it empty. Alas, luck was not on my side as I found the bathroom to be filled with rich looking girls. When there was no one else on campus but the cram school students, it was easy to forget I was now attending a rich kid school. A few girls glanced at me but that was about it. I brushed my teeth, rinsed and headed back to my room. I dropped my toiletries off and slipped on my shoes, grabbing my bag, keys, and wallet before slipping out the door.

I wonder what Suguro wants this early in the morning. Too soon, I found myself at the front doors to the dorm. I pushed them open and exited the building to find Suguro standing a few feet away from the porch. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a group of girls giggling and whispering, obviously looking at Suguro. The whispers grew louder and more urgent as I neared Suguro and I blush rose to my cheeks. Anger suddenly filled my stomach. I knew exactly what they were whispering about and I really didn't want to be a part of their petty gossip.

"Good morning," Suguro greeted evenly.

"What do you need me for so early in the morning?" I asked, getting straight to the point. He sighed and he glared at me lightly.

"Geez, I figured I'd do something nice for you on your first day of school," he said looking away. Am I imagining it, or is he blushing? The thought alone caused me to blush harder. "I don't have to be nice, ya know. I could just leave you to flounder." I smiled at the kind gesture.

"Thank you," I told him as I looked up at him. He looked back at me, surprised at my sudden change in attitude. He just shoved his hands in his pockets and turned away.

"Have you eaten yet?" he grumbled over his shoulder as we started walking.

"No, I was just going to pick something up at the school store."

"Then let's go." I walked next to him in silence to the school store. Thankfully, there was only a few people around and we were able to quickly grab our food and head out. We sat down at a table and ate in silence. My phone buzzed and picked it up, leaving my spoon in my mouth. It probably mad me look like a dork, but that was okay in my opinion. Unlocking my phone, I found both my father and brother texted me.