Chapter Sixty-Four

Guys. I only have two chapters left for this book😭😭😭😭😭
BUT!!! I'll be taking requests for one shots! And I already have a few planned! Just DM me, comment, or post on my board in my profile! Enjoy!

P.S. This is just pure fluff that I needed😅😂

(F/S) - Favorite scent

I sighed as hot water from the shower rushed down my back, warming my back yet raising goosebumps along the skin on my arms. Mio's hands scrubbed shampoo into my hair, washing away the sweat and grime from my PT session earlier today. I was getting closer to walking by myself, and while I had made it down the parallel bars once, I was still far from walking on my own. It was still working hard, and it had me exhausted by the end of the night, my legs shaking and my eyes threatening to slip closed. So, I sat in the shower chair as the brunette behind me pulled her long fingers through my hair.

For the first month or so that I had been awake, all I was getting was sponge baths so being able to clean my hair felt like heaven. I wasn't yet strong enough to hold myself up, so every other night, someone would help me into the shower chair and help me with my hair. Tonight, Mio offered to help me as she had brought some of my shampoo from home. None of the nurses used the good stuff on my hair, and it left my hair dry and stiff.

And was it awkward sitting in front of my father's wife, who wasn't my mother, completely naked as she washed my hair? Maybe a little, but the past months of having random nurses change my clothes made it a little less so. The worst part was having to be helped to the bathroom everytime I had to go. There was no part of me that someone hadn't seen. I guess this is what it was like to be old. Yes, it was still awkward, but after I got over my pride and she promised not to look, I realized it was just what needed to be done. I would take this embarrassment and awkwardness over being dead or stuck in a coma any day.

I was torn from my thoughts as the woman behind me chuckled.  "W-what?" I asked as she positioned the shower head to wash away the suds that had formed in my hair from the (F/S) scented shampoo.

"I don't know. Just you," she mused as she cupped a hand on my forehead to keep the soapy water from getting in my eyes. There was suddenly an image of a bright smile from a woman with (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes. She was laughing as well. "Are you okay?" I heard the woman ask from behind me, another hand gently brushing over my hair.

"I-I th-think I remember my mom d-doing this for me," I whispered, but Mio still heard me.

"I know my mom used to do the same thing," the woman commented softly. It sounded like she had something on her mind. I hummed, not really sure what to say. I honestly never really knew what to say to the woman. Sure, we got along fine and she did everything she possibly could for me, but it always felt like there was some kind of barrier between us that neither of us had broken through yet.

"What's on your mind, kiddo?" she asked as she replaced the shower head so the water was raining down on me once more before she poured some conditioner into her hand.

"I-I d-don't really know," I admitted as she ran her fingers through my hair gently.

"That's okay, kiddo. You take your time," she mused, continuing to run her hands through my hair. The sound of her light laughter had my eyes snapping open again. When had I closed them? "You falling asleep there, sweetheart?" she asked. Only then did I realize how tired I was. With her soft hands running through my hair and massaging my scalp and the warm water raining down on me, I really was tired. "Come on, (N/N), let's get you rinsed, dry, and into some clean clothes," she said as she shut off the water.

With some help, I stood and wrapped the offered towel around my body. One of my arms went over the other woman's shoulder, and one of her arms slipped around my waist. She led me over to a dry chair and sat me down. I tightened my hold on the towell, pulling it closer as I shivered slightly. Grabbing another towel, Mio began the slow process of drying my hair.