Chapter Thirteen

Enjoy and don't forget to comment and vote!

On the way to the cram school, Bon explained who the Myoda sect was and that it was the people he, Shima, and Konekomaru had grown up with. At that, I had hastily tried to give Bon his hoodie back, but he wouldn't let me. He said they were going to find out eventually and added that he didn't want me catching cold on top of everything else. We quickly reached the cram school and made our way inside. The hallways were empty and quiet.

"Did they say where they were going to be?" Bon asked Shima.

"They'll be in Mr. Okumura's classroom." Bon nodded and didn't say a word more. I followed them in silence, still a little confused and worried. As soon as we made it to the classroom, Bon and Shima went off to see their families and I was left in the dust. I sighed and sat down at one of the desks. I sat and watched as everyone interacted and thanked God no one noticed me. After a few minutes, Rin came to sit with me. He explained the whole situation with the impure king and how they knew them, but he didn't know why they were here now.

"(Y/N)," I heard someone call. I looked up to see Shura looking at me expectantly and I quickly made my way over to her.  She was standing next to a tall man with a large tattoo on his face and a shorter man with a bald head. "(Y/N), this is Tatsuma Suguro," she said gesturing to the shorter man. I blanched at the thought. That's Bon's dad! "And this is Yaozo Shima," she said gesturing to the other man. "They work for the Myoda sect in Kyoto." I dipped my head in a show of respect.

"It's a pleasure to meet both of you," I said politely, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"(Y/N) is a transfer student. We got her at the beginning of the summer," Shura explained. "She is working to gain the meisters of dragoon and knight," she added, a hint of pride in her voice. There was suddenly a weight on my shoulder and I automatically knew who it was. Shima often put his elbow on my shoulder to make fun of my height.

"Short stuff here is pretty good with a sword." Without thinking, I elbowed him hard in the gut, and he doubled over. Yaozo started laughing heartily, and Tatsuma cracked a smile. I felt a blush spread across my face when I realized what I had done.

"I like this one," Yaozo said after his bout of laughter. "Not afraid to put the boys in there place." I gave him a small smile. "So, I hear from Shura that you're excellent with a sword." I only shrugged, nervously tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"She's too humble for her own good," Shura said, a smile on her face. "She's an excellent sword fighter and even better with two swords." She put a hand in my shoulder and shook me a little. "This here, is the new wielder of the Sister Swords." The entire room when silent at this. All I wanted to do was crawl in a hole and hide from everyone, but unfortunately, that was not an option.

"Ah, a very talented young lady then," Tatsuma said, sounding impressed. "Now," he began, speaking to the entire room. "I will explain why you are all here." Tatsuma and Yaozo went on to explain that there was a increasing level of demonic energy in otherwise holy places. There was also mention of another man who had gone missing two months ago. He was extremely dangerous, and there were several warrants out for him. Shura has mentioned the attack Bon and I had suffered from in the old school; that had also been two months ago. All attention was once again on me, but thankfully Bon saved me and did the talking. The mission was to figure out why these disturbances were happening and to find this man. Our job as exwires, was to cleanse these infected holy places and rid them of demons. The only problem I had was the Myoda sect would be staying at True Cross because it was close to the order. They would be staying to ensure the safety of the school.