All the girls squealed in delight while Elena groaned. 

"I get why Jaden and  Felix are here...but you,'' she pointed directly at Fryer, "why the hell are you here?"

"To keep my eyes on a certain trouble maker," Fryer casually said and dropped his arm over her shoulder pulling her close to him. 

"Get off me..." Elena tried to get his arms off her but it only made Fryer pull her closer. Her back went rigid when she ended up colliding hard with his chest and the memories of their kiss flashed in front of her. 

"There is something definitely going on between those two," Verena muttered which of course Elena heard.

"There is something definitely not going on between us two," she glared and was successfully able to free herself from him. 

Fryer smirked when he saw the red tint covering Elena's face. Elena saw that and flipped him a bird before running towards the cars leaving everyone behind.  

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" She mumbled to herself. 

Five minutes later and she found herself alone in a car with Fryer. She watched the other two cars leave first before Fryer started their car and followed after them. 

"Why am I riding with you?" she asked him pouting. Fryer who saw her dramatic expression rolled his eyes.

"Because I don't want you to be the third wheel between those couples," Fryer casually replied. 

"Right!" Elena groaned and reclined back in the seat. "then what about Diana?" 

"She likes to ride bikes more than cars," 

Fryer glanced at her and chuckled. "I also wanted to divert my attention from things," he confessed. 

Elena saw the look on his face and immediately knew what he was talking about. It is not easy to find out that your mate killer and just do nothing. She was surprised that Fryer was even able to hold this long. 

"You should have taken some rest instead," Elena replied to him after a moment of silence. "you didn't sleep even for a minute last night."

"How did you..."

"There are dark bags under your eyes. Anyone can see that. Although it is true that werewolves can stay awake for days. But when alcohol is added, not even magic can hide the after-effects."

"No wonder Felix asked me how much I drank," Fryer said with a thoughtful expression, "is it that noticeable?"  

"More than you can imagine," Elena chuckled, "but seriously, how much did you actually drink?"

"Don't remember," Fryer shrugged. 

"Hmm," Elena nodded, "so, do you feel better now?"

Fryer stopped the car at a signal and looked at Elena, "what do you think?"

Elena pressed her lips tighter, "honestly, you look worst!"

Fryer stared at her before a loud throaty laugh escaped his lips. "You are brutally honest," He said.

"You asked for it," Elena shrugged but a small smile appeared on her face. 

The two continued the drive in silence. Both of them stole glances at each other and were occasionally caught but none said a thing. Things were too complicated between them to say anything at this moment. They indeed kissed each other and they both were aware of the strange attraction they had for each other. But they were not mated and anyone could tell that Fryer loved his mate. Elena respected Fryer and his mate. She was not going to take advantage of this strange attraction between them and disrespect his mate. 

Elena looked out the window and realized they were going to the same town Elena and Elestren stayed in before going to Ashbryn pack. 

"Have you been to many places?" Fryer asked her. 

"More than you can imagine. We have been to many continents—big cities, small villages, islands, forests, mountains, deserts—you name it and we have been there."

"You can't probably have been to all the places," Fryer said, not believing her.

"I said many places, not all the places. Elestren and I have traveled a lot,"

"Why though? Is it some kind of dream or...?" Fryer glanced at her briefly.

"To find a place to stay," Elena smiled sadly. "I have been traveling around to find a place I can call mine. My home! Elestren tagged along with me."

"So did you find it?" 

"I don't know," Elena said, her eyes looking out of the window. "That's the reason I have been traveling around because I don't know where it is. But mom told me that when I'm finally home, I'll know it right away."

"Your mom seems like an awesome person," Fryer said.

"She was indeed an awesome person. The strongest woman I had ever seen in my life," Fryer saw the spark in her eyes as she talked about her mother. He had never seen this look on her face before. He knew right away that this girl had loved her mother more than anything. "She is the one who taught me how to survive, how to never give up." 

"What about your father? What kind of man he is?" 

Suddenly the light in Elena's eyes disappeared and fear appeared in them. "The moment you see that man, RUN. Runaway with everything you love," Elena warned. She looked at him with an unreadable expression, "that's what I did too."