Chapter 12

•Harry•

I wake up and change into my robes. I brush my teeth and hair. I grab my bag and make my way to the Great Hall.

I sit down next to Hermione and she piles my plate with food. I start to eat when owls swoop in. Hedwig lands by my plate with 2 letters tied to her leg.

I untie them both from her leg and feed her some bread. She nips at my finger affectionately and flies off. I open the first letter.

Hey Harry,

Meet me at the Astronomy Tower when you get this letter. It has to be before the first task.
Draco

I glance up at Draco from across the Great Hall. He wipes his mouth with his napkin and gets up. We make eye contact and he nods to the door. I nod back and get up.

"I'll be back." I interrupt Hermione and Ron's conversation. She looks behind me at Draco who's slowly walking to the door.

She nods and continues her conversation. I stand up and walk out of the Great Hall. I get to the Astronomy Tower about 5 minutes after Draco got there.

I open the door and he stops pacing. "Oh my God. It's been so long since I've seen you up close." He grabs my chin and pulls me into a gentle hug.
(A/N You thought they were going to kiss. Lol I tricked you.)

He pulls away and kisses me gently. "Draco you saw me not too long ago." I giggle. "I know but I wanted to see you." He runs his finger along my jawline.

"Why did you want to meet me here?" I ask. He pulls me towards him "Can I not see my mate one last time before he has a chance of dying?"

"That sentence didn't make since Love," I say. He laughs and shakes his head. "You know what I mean." I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I do." I start to run my fingers through his hair. He leans his forehead on mine and closes his eyes.

"I'm still waiting for you to accept me as your mate." He says. "Okay. Draco Lucius Malfoy, I accept you as my mate." I say.

He smiles as if he knows something I don't. I lightly laugh and put a hand on his chest pushing him away from me.

"I have to go see Dumbledore," I say.

"No! Please don't leave me." He sticks his bottom lip out. I sigh and kiss him. "I'm hoping I can talk him into letting me out of the tournament."

He nods and lets me walk off. I make my way to Dumbledore's office. I knock on the door. "Come in Harry," Dumbledore says.

I enter and close the door behind me. "I've been expecting you Harry, and I'm sorry to say. I cannot let you out of the tournament. Your name was chosen by the goblet. You can't change it."

I sigh and stand from my seat. I leave his office and head to my dormitory. When I get there I change into the uniform that the schools provided me for the tournament.
I tighten my gloves. I grimace and take them off. I check my shoelaces and straighten my shirt.

My hands are clammy, I'm sweating. "Okay I can do this." I take a deep breath and grab my wand. I walk down the hallway twirling my wand out of habit. I make my way to the tent for the Triwizard Champions. I get there and the other 3 champions are already there.

I sit down on a chest and put my head in my hands. "Psst... Harry." Someone whispers. I look up and see a shadow by the door of the tent. I walk over "Yeah Hermione what's up?"

She sighs "Please try to be safe, and remember what I taught you." She says. "I- Okay."
She sighs and enters the tent. She flings herself in my arms and hugs me. A camera, then a flash goes off. "Oh. Young lovers." Rita Skeeter smiles at us. "You're not supposed to be here. This tent is for champions only." Viktor Krum tells Rita.

She scoffs and walks out of the tent. Dumbledore and a bunch of other teachers come into the tent. "Okay champions, this is it. You know the rules you can only use your wand. And- Hermione What are you doing here?"

She looks at me "Oh- I'll just be- I'll leave." She hugs me and leaves the tent. "Okay champions you probably already know what the task is. Barty please assist from here." Barty pulls out a bag. "Ladies first." Fleur reaches inside the bag and pulls out a mini-sized dragon. "The Common Welsh Green," Barty says. "Next."

Viktor reaches inside the bag and pulls out a mini dragon a couple of seconds later. "The Chinese Fireball." He turns to Cedric. He reaches his hand inside the bag and grabs a mini dragon "The Swedish Short- Snout." Barty looks at me. "The Horntail," I whisper. "What was that boy?" I shake my head "Nothing."

He turns to me. I reach my hand inside and pull it out a couple of seconds later. I stare at the mini-sized dragon. "The Hungarian Horntail." Dumbledore glances at me. "These represent a very real dragon. Each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple. Collect the egg. This you must do for each egg contains a clue of which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?"

He looks at all of us. "Very well," Dumbledore says. "Mr. Diggory on the sound of the cannon you ma-." The cannon goes off and Dumbledore pushes Cedric out.