Chapter 73: A One Way Ticket to Oblivion

Filled with utterly anger and desperation, Jimin marched over to the head Chief's office and was determined to get in. He shoved his thoughts that doubted his plan, away as he then dropped his hands onto the door knob. “Fuck it's locked…” Jimin whispered and backed up while locking his piercing gaze onto the knob. He had no second thoughts now. In his mind, he was right. He knew there was something beyond those doors and was ready to catch the elder in his own lie.

          Suddenly, Jimin kicked the knob with the bottom of his shoe. With each kick, he began to break the knob as it's screws became loose within seconds. Jimin gave it his all, but was it enough? A few looked at Jimin as if he was growing insane. Of course, Why wouldn't he? They all imagined the fact that Jungkook was dying in space and Jimin couldn't do anything. At the end of the day, they all relied on Kim Taehyung to carry on the mission, but Jimin wasn't going to give up now. He believed in his assumptions and couldn't hold back anymore. Chief Wu was hiding something big and Jimin was finally going after it alone if he had to.

          Right at the last kick, the doorknob finally broke and the knob fell onto the ground where the metal let out a loud shriek as soon as it hit the cold, marbled, floor. Jimin wasted no other second to get in as an astronomer nearby, slowly rose their phone up to the level of their ear to call the Head Chief to report what Jimin has done. Little did everyone know, Jimin was actually getting to the bottom of the mystery behind his own trip that unexpectedly lasted a year and the B248 mysteriously moving on it's own.

          The office within was silent and dim, only one lamp up ahead was on and the cold atmosphere around him gave Jimin flashbacks to when he was in space himself. The older approached the front desk where Chief Wu kept most of his own paperwork and business within the documents. Over the black, marbled desk, there was a computer that was kept on. He didn't seem to log off at all and the blue light of the home screen still shined within the dim room. “Alright… It might take hours to finally find something…” Jimin whispered and slowly approached the computer before locking his eyes onto an off icon over the monitor. “C-Rockets?” Jimin whispered and tilted his head in silence. “C… C… C-3 and C-12? Rocket B248-C12 and Rocket B400-C3…” Jimin whispered and double clicked the icon.

          As Jimin kept his head pointing onto the loading screen, his eyes locked onto a newspaper where Jimin made headlines two years ago. The elder seemed to have many newspapers and highlights of Jimin's big expedition, but nothing else. All the accomplishments of the K.S.C.U, was set aside but Jimin's, was well recorded and kept over the desk of the Chief's office. “He must really love my expedition…” Whispered the curious man as he focused onto the office walls all around him. There was pictures of Jimin in his spacesuit and screenshots of Jimin in the B248. The Chief had an abundant amount of pictures of Jimin against walls and once Jimin looked behind him, there seemed to be a collection of Jungkook's astronaut pictures and Taehyung’s pictures as well, building up from blank spots along the bare wall. “Does he… keep pictures of us for riding in the C-Rockets?” Jimin questioned, but he never received any answers.

            Pictures of him, Jungkook, and Taehyung covered the walls, but there was more of Jimin’s success of coming back from space, everywhere. All of this distracted Jimin, but the man managed to gain his focus back onto the monitor. Within the secret application, there was a password to break through the secured screen of the application. However, Jimin didn't know the password himself. “What do I do now?” Jimin whispered and before he could lose hope, he moved the newspaper aside and found a post-it note underneath with the words labeled “PASSWORD: DR.PARKJIMIN” Jimin didn't second think this password and rushed to typing it in. “Chief Wu… You aren't the wisest man, I'll tell you that.” Jimin whispered and turned his head right at the door once more before hitting enter.