Chapter 17: Orbiting thoughts

Eventually, Jungkook followed Jimin's instructions on making Kimchi stew, just the way Jimin liked it. The whole time of course, Jungkook couldn't stop smiling each time Jimin scolded him in his soft whispers for making the diced scallions too fat. Bonding with Jimin just like this made Jungkook smile just knowing that Jimin was getting better. However, Jimin was only getting used to Jungkook being in his life, not getting used to crowds of people and loud noises; that was something they had to work on later.

          Jimin sat over the counter and watched Jungkook take out bowls to serve the kimchi stew along with a side bowl of rice to go along with it. “After so… long you're.. finally done..” Jimin whispered and let out a slight giggle. Jungkook smiled and glanced back at Jimin once he walked to the kitchen table to set the bowls full of the hot orange stew with diced beef to substitute the pork, steamed tofu that was cut up into squares and added into the mild dish, scallions diced up and stirred with the rich, spicy, kimchi and strips of beef scattered along the bowl filled with stew. Along with the stew, sat a bowl with white, hot, rice to go along with the stew as Jimin dipped two ginseng honey tea bags into the hot mugs of water; it was a white mug and a black mug Jungkook always chose to serve Jimin and himself with.

           “Is the tea done?” Jungkook asked and set the table as he glanced back at the older. Looking back at Jimin has always made the young boy trigger a happy smile that jumped out of nowhere and this was the type of smile that lit up his own dull world with stars sprinkled all over his dark skies within his own mind. “Oh it's done, I'll bring them to the table, stay there. I don't want you to get hurt.” Jungkook claimed as Jimin set the mugs aside and scoffed before reaching over to his crutches.

          “I can get down…. on my.. own…” Jimin assured and before he could attempt, Jungkook swiftly pointed his head towards Jimin and dashed forward to throw his hands onto the older man's waist. “I-”

          “No, you'll get hurt and you'll be in pain. Your legs aren't strong enough to carry your whole body if you suddenly drop onto it.” Assured the younger as he then guided his hands up Jimin's waist to pull him closer to his body and finally take him down from the high counter. “You're short and I don't want you to put sudden pressure onto your legs. You still need to work them out.” Jungkook spoke in a soft and overprotective voice. To Jimin, he hugged his body against Jungkook so the younger could take him down, but Jimin closed his eyes; somewhat embracing a bittersweet feeling of having Jungkook hold him for those few seconds, that made Jimin wish he had this for an eternity. On the other hand, it was wrong for him to wish for something like this when Jungkook alone had someone he loved.

         However, just as Jimin thought Jungkook would set the older down onto the ground, Jungkook carried Jimin and walked over to a seat on the kitchen table to finally sit the boy down. This made Jimin’s face turn red as he didn't even want to lock eyes with his caretaker. “Jungkook…. I-I… I could do… it on my… own..”

        “It seemed much more better if I carried you off that counter, I might as well sit you down. Save you from the struggle.” Jungkook claimed and never failed to pry his own eyes away from Jimin. By there he slid Jimin's bowl forward along with the utensils and the white side bowl of rice. “Please eat.”

            “Are… Are you… babying…m-me?” Whispered Jimin and looked up at Jungkook. “I-I can walk, I… can get off counters…”

             “I don't want you to get hurt. Besides, I'm your caretaker and friend. The last thing I want to see is you in pain or in tears.” Jungkook replied and had his hands pressed against the table while he tilted his head to gawk down at Jimin. “So, I wouldn't call it babying. I told you many times that I care about you…” Jungkook whispered and just when Jimin looked up to focus on Jungkook, a smile was painted over the younger's face.