Chapter 61: The distance between two Stars

“What is he even trying to do? overdose?” Jimin thought in his head as he kept staring at Jungkook stand and face himself in the reflection of the bathroom mirror. “I know… It's stressful, I doubt you can sleep through the pain, but taking those pills are such a risk. Do you even read the side-effects, Jungkook?” Jimin questioned and approached the young man in the bathroom where the man was only gazing into the mirrors in silence. “Hey… I hate to take those pills from you. I know you don't use it constantly, but I still don't like the fact you use them. You never know when a little is just too much…” Jimin whispered and looked at Jungkook. “Is there… something keeping you up, my love?”

             “Nothing. Training always seems to push my sleep schedule back.” Jungkook replied and rolled his hair off to the side. “I'm perfectly fine, Baby.” Jungkook lied like nothing held him back and in his own mind, he was upset. The sleeping pills was the only thing that seemed to soothe him and help him sleep. However, it hit a dead end as soon as Jimin threw the pills out. “I'll buy another bottle of it.”

             “No… No all you need is me! Those pills are going to drive you crazy, I just know it. You're not supposed to be taking-”

             “That's enough, Jimin. We'll be late for work.” The younger claimed and by there, Jimin watched his lover walk out of the bathroom and fix the cuffs of his dress shirt right after. “I'll wait for you. Until then, don't try to help me with those pills. I know what I'm doing.” Jungkook then walked away with that being said and it left Jimin to stare after. Was it bad that he just wanted to help his own boyfriend out? Jimin just knew Jungkook wasn't aware of the consequences. Even if he used them at separate times, there was still a high risk of side-effects raining down on him.

           “Well, silly me to care…” Jimin hissed to himself. He had no regrets of trying to protect his lover, but he felt bad that Jungkook only turned to the sleeping pills as his source of help. “Jungkook… You're not the wisest at deciding what's best for you…” Jimin whispered to himself and was left on his own to get ready for the day in silence. Eventually, he walked out to the car and joined Jungkook. The older wore a white turtleneck sweater over his torso; covering the hickies on his neck, black shades with matching, ripped, denims, and classic shoes as well. Once Jimin reached the car, he pulled the door handle open to see Jungkook pressing his forehead over the steering wheel and his fingers softly tapped over the leather of the wheel alone.

         There Jungkook sat; in nothing but silence. Jimin expected his lover to start talking to him happily and say his usual flirtatious phrases that always brightened up Jimin's day. Sadly, that wasn't the case. Their morning started off on the wrong foot and Jimin just understood why everything was so different. But, he wasn't going to apologize for trying his best to protect the one he loves. If anything, Jimin rather hoped Jungkook would just accept this and move on. On the other hand, Jungkook battled in and around in his head about how angry he was after finding out that Jimin took his only help with sleep, out of the picture.

         “Ready?” Jungkook asked and slowly rose his head to face the window before him. But as soon as he could hear an answer come from Jimin himself, he turned his head to see Jimin avoiding eye contact and looking away. “J-Jimin…”

           “I would like a ‘Thank you,’ Jungkook. Ah, you make it seem like without those pills, you'll die! You've always had me and I alone helped you sleep.”

         “This is stupid, Jimin. Are we really fighting over this? You sound like you're getting jealous over the pills. Jimin, for crying out loud! They're pills, babe!” Jungkook argued and placed on his seatbelt. “Stop fighting with me and just let it go already.”