Chapter 18: Your very own eclipse

Seconds turned into a whole minute of Jungkook staring into the eyes of the older astronaut as nothing brushed by him to stop. Jungkook was staring at Jimin and knew this was wrong, but he couldn't stop. It was like Jimin alone became the eclipse that blocked him out of the real view of his own life and responsibilities… Only making Jungkook see nothing but pure silence like he was lost in space with only Jimin in his view. By now, stars surrounded them, literally! the room they stood in was the astronomy room Jungkook gave Jimin to sleep in.

          However, with these stares and innocent blushes, Jungkook closed his eyes and caused Jimin to slowly drag his hands down from around Jungkook's shoulders. Realizing that he stepped out of place once more. “S-Sorry… I'm… sorry…” Jimin whispered softly as he looked away and brought his hands down onto the mattress in silence. “I'm… so… so.. sorry…”

           “Don't worry about it… All we did was stare into each other’s eyes. Almost anyone does that… Right? It's normal.” Jungkook whispered to the older and pulled away to avoid any further eye contact with Jimin. “This is going to be us now… We'll just learn to live with it.” Jungkook mentioned as Jimin sat against the white, wooden, headboard to gawk at Jungkook to slowly raise his hand up to the spot by the wide bed.

             “Please… sit…with me.” Jimin whispered and laid back against the bed to pat the spot by his side. “I want to talk to you before...I go...to sleep…” Requested the older as Jungkook then moved in to sit next to Jimin on the bed. Together, they laid over the mattress and Jungkook was left to gaze up at the yellow planet above them. “I… love Planet… JM-95.. and.. the rocket B248-C… 12. You didn't have… to do this for me…”

            “I wanted you to feel welcomed. Besides, since you're going to be here and I've already purchased your outfits, I might as well throw in a planet too.” Jungkook said softly and let out a chuckle as the glow-in-the-dark stars began to shine inside the dim room. “Don't you just love it in here? I worked so hard for you to live here, Jimin. I want you to embrace the feeling of the stars and smile like you did before…” Jungkook whispered and turned his head to see Jimin laying right by his side and closing his eyes. “Are you… sleeping?”

            “I'm...listening…”

            “Alright… So, should I go first? Okay.. So, My name is Jeon Jungkook… I'm twenty-two years old, I mostly wear all black, love action video games, I have a bachelor's degree in Physics, I have a loving and supportive family, two best friends, one special and amazing friend I'm talking to right now… And a loving girlfriend.” Jungkook spoke and once he mentioned his girlfriend, Jimin always felt the wave of embarrassment coming over him. All caused because he chose to embrace the soft touch of Jungkook when the younger carried him off the counter, the passionate stares they shared and even the contact Jimin had with the younger by having his arm wrapped around his shoulders like another innocent encounter.

            “I'm so stupid…” Jimin thought in his head out of bitter embarrassment and shut his eyes tightly as Jungkook smiled while staring up at the small sculpture he built of the B248. “So stupid and desperate…”

             “I have a thing for classical pieces or calm music like the indie genre about love. Always my favorite…. Speaking of love… at the moment, I'm having issues with my girlfriend because we argued about something last week. But I can't help it, I don't want her to hate me… I love her.” Jungkook spoke and made Jimin finally pry his eyes open. “Maybe… I just need to reason with her and just accept I was the one at fault even if I feel like I wasn't. Ah, I'm sorry I'm out of place mentioning my Lee-Young and going in all about her… I just really want to get this off my chest.”