Chapter 51: When gravity bounces back

It was finally four weeks after Jungkook was finally accepted back to work and Jimin spent his days all by himself. Since Taehyung was going to join in on the mission, Jungkook never allowed Namjoon to take care of Jimin. Leaving the older on his own in silence within the lonely house. At times, Jungkook wouldn't come home and Jimin would just lay there, letting out cries knowing that this will be his life when Jungkook was to head off to space and leave him for a while. Jimin tried to look at the brighter side of things, but all he could focus on was the burning, black hole, that formed in his heart when he just knew there could be a chance Jungkook won't come back at all.

             It was an ongoing battle with his solitude every day, he wondered when was the day Jungkook would take a long month off to train in a small space replica of the B400 to build his strength. Of course, this was all in the basic training in becoming an astronaut. Because this wasn't Jungkook's field, there was a lot of paperwork to be done and his schedule was packed with preparations for space travel. It was until now, other astronauts didn't want to step forward and volunteer. Even they feared getting lost in space and ending up like Jimin.

           As horrible of a state Jimin was, astronauts didn't want to jump in on this mission. Leaving it all up to Jungkook; the one who would be guided through this mission whether Jimin liked it or not. Of course, the young man wouldn't be facing this on his own, Taehyung was going to accompany him on this mission. So, Jimin had to feel a bit calm about it… right?

            Secretly, Jimin worked very hard on his condition and managed to walk outside everyday when Jungkook wasn't around. His plans were to walk into the facility on his own and stop Jungkook from going any further. Once again, Jimin wanted to sacrifice himself so Jungkook wouldn't risk anything. But doing so, will lead to Jimin risking his all. Who knew he would even survive the trip to the stars? No matter how hard he worked on himself, his body would never forgive those strong wounds he received when breaking atmosphere and landing after so long. He was weak and knew how it felt like to die for a good second while he was still trapped in the B248. That was a feeling Jimin just didn't wish upon anyone. Not even towards his boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook.

            It was another morning on his own, he couldn't really call his lover since his phone was still back at the care unit. So calling Jungkook wasn't going to happen. Jimin stood up from Jungkook's bed and rubbed his slightly swollen eyes from the tears he shed every second he was all alone. Of course, Jimin was just learning to walk even after being left alone. At some nights, Jungkook would come home and kiss him on his cheek for the night. However, Jimin never knew how bad he wanted Jungkook every night until the young man stopped coming all together. It was at moments like these, Jimin touched himself and thought of Jungkook, reminiscing on their endless night the first day Jungkook went back to work. Oh how bad Jimin wanted to feel his boyfriend intertwined hand with his for the lonely nights.

            Jimin started his day like any other, he took long and hot showers to give him a warm feeling he began to lack as if his Jungkook was there himself. As sad as he felt after the shower, Jimin resumed and washed his own face and brushed his teeth with no emotion. His face was as blank and silent as a turning page of a new book. Yet, Jimin was no stranger to this at all! He felt the same when he was up in space… all alone and had no one to make him smile.

            “I only have today…” Jimin whispered and began to change into a formal attire. “I need to go back there today and only today. I can't have Jungkook leave me. I don't care if I'm supposed to keep this in. It hurts me so much if I do that.” Bickered the older. The brown haired man slipped on a white tank top to go under his loose dress shirt tucked into black slacks crowned with a black leather belt around the waist bands of the pants. “F-First… I need to get some groceries and then I will… Maybe get him a car. Will that make him stay?” Questioned the weak and clueless man. He was very desperate to have Jungkook stay, he even wished to get a car so Jungkook could stay for him. Even if it wouldn't work, a car was still on Jimin's mind for a perfect gift either way.