Chapter 23: A Galaxy cluster

“I know you do…” Jungkook whispered to Jimin and ran his hands up Jimin's shoulders to hold him close to his body. “Were you afraid?”

            “Y-Yes… Yes…” Jimin cried and then cupped his own face. “I'll never… get better… why are you helping me… If I'll never… g-get better…” Jimin sobbed in tears as Jungkook then looked down at Jimin. “I felt like… I was… back in the B248…”

             “Don't say you'll never get better. It takes many tries until you get to your place, Jimin. I'm not giving up on you.” Jungkook told the older and fragile man. “Come sleep with me… There's always room for you.” Jungkook whispered and placed his arm around Jimin to walk him to the wide bed just waiting for them ahead. “I feel so horrible, I thought you would be able to last longer in that room, Jimin…”

             “Jungkook… please… don't leave me… alone in that...room…” Jimin whispered to Jungkook as the younger nodded his head and set the older onto his own bed gently. “I only… felt safe… with the stars… when you were… near me..” Continued the older as Jungkook then moved in to lay by his side carefully.

           “I'm sorry… I won't leave you in that room again. But Jimin, I also don't want you to grow into that habit of me having to be by your side. I want you to be strong… That's the only way you'd be able to go back to work.”

           “I… don't want to go… back to that job… I'm going to leave… it…” Jimin confessed and turned his head to look at Jungkook hugging the older in bed for comfort. It was something in him that made Jimin absolutely adore moments like these, when he was upset, Jungkook would hug him close for comfort and make him see the lighter side of the crescent moon. Talking to Jungkook made Jimin cheer up and talking to Jungkook made all the grey clouds go away. Yes, Jungkook was always there to dry the older man's tears when Jimin couldn't do it himself.

         “Don't… don't leave the job, Jimin. You'll be strong. I'll be there and we'll be working together.”

        “N-Namjoon and Taehyung… they'll be… there. I hurt them both... Taehyung, I hurt…. Namjoon, I disappointed…”

         “I don't care what you did to them and what drama you three hold. Jimin, I care about you… I don't want you to throw you passion away because they'll be there. I'll tell your father an excuse for you and I to be in a different station. All for you…” Jungkook spoke softly and scrutinized into Jimin's glistening, honey, brown eyes.

           “I don't want to… take them… from you…” Jimin murmured. “If you… want them in your life. Take them…”

           “Maybe if I can get the three of you to talk to each other, maybe you all can fix this together. We can all be good friends.” Jungkook insisted, but Jimin only turned his body away from Jungkook and left the younger to sit there in silence. “Jimin I want you to let go of everything… I'm sure they will too.”

           “If… If they… don't?”

           “Then I'll make them.” Assured the young astronomer as he held Jimin in his arms and pressed his forehead against Jimin's back ever so gently. “Sleep… I'll be here all night by your side.” Jungkook whispered once more and Jimin closed his eyes followed after. Jimin then rose his hands to hold Jungkook's hand in place around him carefully for the night.

            Jimin fell asleep calmly, knowing that Jungkook wrapped him around in his arms, it made Jimin feel safe from the scary thoughts which traumatized him about space and the stars as well. Jimin blushed with the feeling of Jungkook dressing him before, kissing his forehead and hugging him now to sleep. It was the greatest feeling for Jimin. Jungkook was his crush and such interactions left him happy and it always cheered him up after tears filled his eyes. Jungkook was the only one there to dry Jimin's tears and make the traumatizing things that frightened him, go away.