Chapter 54: The Sun and Stars alike

Within the training chamber, Jungkook and Taehyung sat within the same model with their astronaut suits and helmet. There, the model was built underwater since the water alone was just as dense as space itself. With this, the two were in a simulation in order to get used to the pressure in space. So far, Jungkook enjoyed this the most since he listened to Jimin's voice from within his suit and Taehyung did as well. Jimin of course, sat outside of the chamber where he accessed the monitors and microphone chips through the astronauts’ helmets.

            “Look at you, you're holding up pretty well!” Taehyung mentioned and remained seated; strapped onto his seat happily. “I'm surprised my Kookie Crunch is becoming stronger by the minute~”

             “H-Hey!” Jimin interrupted and pouted right after hearing Taehyung. “He’s mine!” Bickered Jimin and made Jungkook laugh at the older's soft voice. Park Jimin was sitting in front of a rocket monitor and pressing down on a button to talk to the astronauts before him, so Jungkook was calm the whole time as long as he listened to his soulmate's gentle and soothing voice. “Jungkook, how long has he been calling you that?!”

              “Ah, it's just a joke, Mochi. It means nothing to him anyways. Taehyung, say sorry to my Jimin.” Jungkook laughed and glanced over at Taehyung. “Either way, Taehyung doesn't see me like that. I'm too good for him.”

             “SHUT IT!” Taehyung laughed and pressed his head against the back of the space helmet. “If I wanted you, I would have had you already. But I'm what you call, someone who just loves to play with their prey~”

               “I'm not even in the same chamber as you and I already feel disgusted.” Jimin giggled and kept his finger over the button when he talks to the two. “Ah, this is great… As soon as you two get used to this, you'll be in space in no time! I'm excited for the both of you…”

              “Mochi, it took a while for you to finally get used to this.. You're taking this in so well~” Cooed the young man as he let out a gentle exhale that made Jimin blush after hearing his lover's calm breathing. “Was it the fact that I said I was going to marry you?” Asked Jungkook and by there, Jimin pressed the headphones against his ears to smile and let out a cute giggle. Listening to Jungkook's soft exhale and whispers as if it was music to his very own ears. “Oh your giggles are the light of my life~”

              “I like hearing your voice through headphones alone. It sounds so peaceful.” Jimin continued to flirt and removed his hand from the button to hear Jungkook.

              “You still didn't answer my question, Mochi. Was it the fact that I was going to marry you as soon as I get back, enough to make you happy?” Jungkook asked again as Jimin held down the button to talk once more.

             “Yes. Also… I had to realize you were going to protect me. I just didn't seem to warm up to the feeling just yet…” Jimin whispered and smiled to listen to Jungkook even further. “You won't be able to get down on one knee once you get here or even, you won't be able to walk! I'll take care of you just like you did to me.” Jimin imagined how it would be to take care of his Jungkook just how the young man did for him two months back. It was such a beautiful thing that Jimin was able to build himself up after so much with big help from Jungkook. Someone who wasn't an official caretaker.

          “Walking will seem to be an issue for me, but if the mission is a success, I won't be facing any other issues but that. You only went through those because you were traumatized and left out for far too long. My trip with Taehyung would last about… Three months tops? Not sure of it… But Mr. Park told us that training will take even longer to learn more about it. I feel like… If you didn't push forward to get better… I'd never see you until then. It's a long road to go and by next year I believe I'll take my trip and that's an additional few months away from you. Ah, how did you do it, Jimin? This is really hard.”