chapter 19

Lalala hit her in the head
Lalala don't stop until she's dead
And when she's dead she'll have bled
Send her down the drain

The rhyme repeats over and over as I sit in a black space. That same rhyme that I use to sing when I was younger. The same rhyme that helped me get through training.

Lalala hit her in the head
Lalala don't stop until she's dead
And when she's dead she'll have bled
Send her down the drain

"Shut up" I whisper.

Lalala hit her in the head

"Shut up!" I say it louder. The familiar warmth.

Lalala don't stop until she's dead

"I said stop!" I yelled. The color red burst out engulfing me and the space. Fire spreads throughout. The air thick with smoke. A little boy runs through the flames smiling and laughing like nothing is wrong.

"Sissy, sissy!" He yells my name but not in a scared way, it sounded more playful. A man ran behind the little boy. The girls giggled and ran behind me. The tall man stopped in front of me and out his hand in my shoulder. I look down at his hand then back up at his face.

I feel my body freeze as I stare up at the recognizable face. Those blue eyes, the perfectly white teeth, the curly brown hair, the light brown skin. My father.

I look back at the little boy only to realize he's my brother. I fall to my knees.

"It's all your fault," they chant at the same time. "It's all your fault," it never stops.

"Your the reason I left. Who wants a daughter like you. Your a killer, a menace to society." My father spits in my face.

"It's your fault I was killed. You were always a bad sister to me? Did I mean nothing to you!?" My brother yells. I cover my ears and put my head down in an attempt to block them out.

"I didn't mean to," tears stream down my face. "I'm sorry," I sob. The voices continue on. They never stop. Turing from two voice into multiple.

"STOP!" I scream to the top of my lungs. The red flames jump out again ending everything.
*
*
*
*
*
Awoken with a startle I look up to see Cassy staring down at me. She sneers bad leans back. "Girl you're hella weird." She straightens up. I look around at the disheveled office. The couch was flipped onto its side. The vases on the side tables where shattered on the floor leaving the red and white roses to slowly wilt on the hard wooden floor.

My head is banging and the room spins. I reach out to grab the liquor filled cup. The brown liquid burns my throat, but I drink the little bit in there.

"Careful there. You don't wanna be falling over yourself when we go out later tonight" says the girl blinded by her book titled "Why is my heart so cruel".

"Tonight?" I whisper back

"Come on Scarlett, don't tell me you have forgotten. We are to report to some meeting with-" Mila stops talking and looks up from her book. "Now who was it with?"

"Ryan." Ruby speaks up.

I feel my heart quicken at his name. Ryan that bastard. The pounding in my head matches the pounding in my heart. I grip my hands into a tight ball.

"Oh yes." I say through fuertes teeth. Closing my eyes I take 3 deep long breathes to calm myself. "Where's the new recruit?"

"Jade wanted to take her to the training room" Mika looks at me then back to her book.

I stand up out of my chair and turn to face the one way glass. Watching as people walk by, clueless to my gaze. "What time is it?"

"8" I turn around to Jade walking in with Mira not to far behind. "8 o'clock, we need to be there by 11 and the meeting point is 2 hours away" Jade nods her head to me.

"Suit up" I say with a lack of emotion. "Oh and Casey" she looks up to catch my eyes. "Your in charge of keeping the rookie in place.