Chapter 17

"Ouch," I cry out. "Goddamn it be careful," I yell at the nurse.

"I'm so sorry" she says in a timid voice and she looks down. I let out a sigh and look down. The nurse continues to clean my wounds.

"Stop whining" Rubt yells barging into the hospital room while Jade stops her feet behind her. "Well look who's awake" Ruby runs to hug me. The nurse turns around glaring at Ruby forcing her to stop dead in her tracks.

"How are you feeling?" Mika ask walking in.

"Fine I guess. How's my mom?"

"She's fine just a small scratch," Mika tells me. I nod my head and look back down. The note is clutched in my hand.

"Ok all done, your free to go whenever you like," the nurse whispers to me. I thank her and stand up. I walk to the lobby to see my mom leaning against the front desk.

"I already signed you out" she mutters. I nod my head and follow her out. The limo pulls up in front of us. I look up to the sky taking in the fresh air. "Let's go home" I nod my head.
*
*
*
*
*
When we got back to LA there definitely was a surprise waiting for me. Jerry had asked me to come to his office. He explained that we will have a new recruit and he wants her on my team. I hate when new people come be chase they are glued following me and the girls around asking about everything we have done.

Being some of the most wanted criminals is not as fun as it sounds. I walk out of Jerry's officer and down a row of cubicles with people working. They run up and down, making sure they got there money, checking to see if they can make more, keeping the police off our backs,  etc.

*Excuse me," A familiar voice calls out. A boy around my age runs past me. I only get a quick glimpse at his face and he looks very familiar. Strugging it off I walk up some stairs to my office.

The girls sit on the couches in my office. I sit down n my chair and face the large book cases behind me. "So what was the surprised?" Ruby asked.

"We're getting a new recruit and Jerry wants her on our team," I respond.

"A new recruit! Better be someone good cause we have a reputation to hold," Cassy spits. I nod my head.

"Shouldn't you all be in your own offices getting some work down?" I ask. They all look at each other.

Jade giggles "good point" they all stand up and walk away. I let out a deep breath. Cassy was right, this girl better be good or else imma go off.
*
*
*
*
*
2 hours later I get a call from Jerry. I cover my face and walk over to Jerry's office. When I open the door Jerry sits while a girl stands across from him. Her back is facing me so I can't see who she is.

"Mask off," Jerry commands me. My eyes go wide. Why would I take my mask off? We aren't allowed to reveal ourselfs to new recruits until they prove loyalty. But I do what he said and reveal my face. The girl turns around and we both gasp at the same time.