chapter 13

"Cassy!" Ruby screams to the top of her lungs. "I know it was you who put a spider in my chips," Cassy comes running and throws her self over me. Ruby runs in behind her with steam coming out of her eyes. Mika sits at the desk laughing.

"This is not funny, I'm getting tired of your pranks. First itching powder, then a snake, then a roach, now a fucking spider!" Ruby screams. "Scarlett tell this bitch to stop playing her tricks on me."

"Hey I can't help it, I am a trickster after all," Cassy chuckles.

"Trickster my ass" Ruby barks at her.

"Can you all shut up I'm trying to read," Mika says in a low voice.

"Whatcha reading?" Jade ask.

"A book on the Kekkei genkai," Mika says in her silk voice.

"No way I thought that shit was only in anime?" Jade gawks.

"Nope they are real." Mila goes back to reading her book and Jade sits down on the bed.

"Can we get back to the fact that this annoying hoe put a spider in my food," Ruby points to Cassy. I turn to look at Ruby and give her annoyed look telling her to shut up.

"Don't set off the boss lady, she still heart broken from Ryan," Cassy fake whines. I bring the dagger in my hand up and throw it towards Cassy. I purposely miss her.

"Now you have done it," Mika whispers.

"Cassy shut you annoying ass up! You are such a fucking disappointment! Always pulling these fucking pranks and getting everyone riled up! Hell you don't even know when to shut the fuck up! Remember if it wasn't for me you would be out on the streets! So shut you fucking mouth before I cut your tongue out then throw you out of this organization!" I bark. I cover my mouth as soon as what i said registered threw my mind.

Tears fall from Cassy's eyes. "Cassy no I didn't meant it, you know I didn't mean any of it," I plead. Cassy stands up wiping her tears and walks out of the room.

"I'll go after her," Jade says. She grabs her coat and walks out of the room. I slam myself down onto the bed. Fuck! What type of leader am I to be saying that shit to my teammate. I know about everything Cassy went through. What was I thinking?

"It's OK, she knows you didn't mean any of it," Mika says. Ruby nods in agreement. I huff and pull my arm over my eyes falling asleep.
*
*
*
*
*
A loud boom makes me jump out of my sleep. Jade comes back soaked. "Scarlett get up, it's Cassy,"she sounds worried. Her voice startles everyone else. " She is missing," Jade reaches behind her and pulls out Cassy's phone.

"Oh no," Ruby whispers.

"Everyone dresses now!" Everyone follows my commands and starts running around to get everything on. I stand up and get myself dressed. We all walk out of the room making sure not to be spotted. I find the staircase and we run up to the roof.

"Let's go," I bark. We all split looking for Cassy. After a hour there is no sign of her. That is until I hear something.

"How much?" Someone ask. I look down to see to men.

"15 hundred," the other man speaks.

"For her? No way! There has to be a catch."

I jump down and both men look at me. "So boys what am I missing?" I question in a dark voice. They both started to shake. "Do you know who I am?" They both shake their heads. "My name is Reaper and unless you tell him what is going on here, you will experience a very painful and slow death," I spit.

"We were selling a girl," one man says.

"How old?" I ask.

"I don't know maybe 8," he responds.

I scoff, "You make me sick. Take me to where this girl is," i know I'm supposed to look for Cassy, but I won't let this girl suffer. I may be a criminal, but their are things I can't stand about the underworld and human traffic is one. Especially with young girls.
*
*
*
*
*
The men drive me to old house in the middle of no where. I follow behind them as they open the door. Inside sits old torn couches and broken wooden floors. I follow them to a room where a bunch of girls lay. In the corner of the room a symbol crosses my eyes. I star with the devil horns. They are apart of the Devils. Known for their human trafficking. I wouldn't be surprised if they had Cassy.

"Has anyone found her yet? Please tell me you have!" Jade pleads through her mind link. Jade and Cassy have always been close.

"It's OK we will find her," Ruby says. I block them both out as I focus on the girls.

"You have 5 seconds to run," I tell the men. "1," they turn to run. I pull out my gun and shoot them both. "5."

All the girls give me a look of fear. "It's OK I'm here to save you."

"He won't let us, he won't let us be saved," a small girl with black hair and light brown eyes says.

"Who is he?" I ask.

"Him," they all whisper.

"I want everyone to my.location now!"  I bark at the girls through mind link. They all.mjnd link back and start to come to my location. "Its ok, I got y'all," I tell the young girls. They all follow me as we walk outside. I pull out my phone and dial 911.

I tell them what I found and the location. Just as I'm done the girls appear around me. Mika gasp. "Oh my god, poor girls," she cries. About an hour later we hear the sirens.

"We must go or we will be in trouble, goodbye," I monotone. Ruby waves cheerfully at them. We all jump on the roof then into the night