Chapter 26

A bang echos throughout the room and causes me to look up from my computer.

Ryan comes strutting in with a pissed expression on his face. Gosh, I almost forgot about him. I did my absolute best to stay away from him. I avoided him at school and when we were at the base, I would have Jerry keep him out running errands. So far I hadn't seen him at all, but I guess I could only do so much to keep him away.

He walks over to my desk and stops in front of me. He gently placed his hand on the desk and looks me in my eyes. What a bold move.

"You think you're funny, Scar? I know what you've been doing. You can't keep me away." , he blabbers.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I feign innocence.

"You keep having me sent away. This isn't funny. Now I'm here and you have to talk to me" he emphasizes 'have to'.

"First, you should be glad that you're getting more jobs. It's extra money. Second, I don't have to do anything. Especially not talk to you, my status is above you, so if I want to ignore you then I will and you can't do shit about it." My voice begins to rise in anger.

Ryan's face softens. He reaches forward and lightly brushes my hand. I pull my hand back and sadness flashes through his eyes. "I heard what happened with the car accident. Are you okay?"

I roll my eyes. "I'm fine Ryan." I lean back in my chair and direct my eyes back to my computer.

"Scarlett, please just talk to me. I know I'm an ass for what I did, but please give me another chance.", he begs.

Forgive him? Forgive him for cheating on me? For betraying me? He's lucky he's even still alive.

Anger washes over me and I stand up. My hair falls over my shoulders and my hands curl into a fist. "Get. Out. NOW!" I yell the last word.

Ryan flinches at my tone, but he still stands his ground. "No, not until you talk to me. I'm not giving up on us." He stammers on.

"You gave up on us when you wanted to stick your dick in some other chick. Now get out of my office before I kill you." The anger in me continues to rise. Any moment now and I might really do something I'll regret. Well, most likely won't regret.

"No. No matter what I'm not leaving. I love you scar. We been Scar and Ryan since kids. Best friends to lovers. Look I'm sorry about that night. I was drunk, I wasn't thinkin-"

Glass shattering cuts him off. My chest heaves up and down. I threw the glass cup at him and hit the wall. I really need to control my anger better.

Ruby come running out of the side door that leads to her office and looks around.

My head falls to look at the desk and a tear threatens to slip out of my eye. Come on Scar, you aren't weak. You cannot cry over something like this.

"Please Ryan, just get out. I can't do this right now. I'll talk to you another time."

Ryan sighs and turns to leave. He opens the door and looks back at me before he turns back around and walks out.

"Hey, you good?" Ruby asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answer and sit back.

Ruby goes to speak again, but a ringing stops her. I lean forward and grab my phone. Boss man. Sigh.

"Hey, Jerry."

"Western area was attacked" he spoke.

I jump up. "I'll handle it."

"As I expected you to." He swiftly hangs up.

I turn to Ruby and bark for her to tell the others to gear up and meet me at the plane. It's rare someone dares to attack us. Attacking us is like attacking the world. We outnumber all mafias and government. So who the hell would have the courage such shit like this.

A few hours had passes and I was sitting on the private jet heading to Japan. The girls sit down quiet. Tension thick in the air. I think we all are thinking who would want to do something so dumb.

When we land a man who looks to be in his late 50's leads us to a black limousine. He opens the door for us and we step in. Mika quickly jumps for the Japanese snacks in the cooler.

"It feels great to be back home" she says with her mouth stuffed. I nod acknowledging she spoke, but not having the energy to reply I stay silent.

The ride was long and quiet. When we finally pulled up I stepped out and made sure my face was properly covered.

A burnt building lays crumbled before me. Body bags litter the ground and people are running around. A Japanese man spots is and immediately tenses up.

I walk over to him with the girls following behind me. "Hello Ms. Reaper," he politely bows.

"Evening Tanaka. Care to explain what happened here?" I ask.

"Well I don't know exactly what happened, but I got a call that a bomb had gone off. We don't have leads on who it could have been that planted them."

"How many are dead?"

"Well the warehouse has just received a shipment so it was full. About 37 of your men are dead."

I clutch my hands into a fist. Anger rises in my chest. 37 of our men, dead. Fuck. I swear I'll find who it was and kill them slowly.

"Very well then, go help everyone." Tanaka bows again and walks away.

"What do we do?" Jade ask.

"I don't know, I guess for now we need to figure out exactly what happened." I say as I walk towards the ruble.

I walk over everything and inspect the burnt pieces. A white object catches my eye and I quickly move towards it. A white paper lays in the ground and it's reads "Give up."