Weapon (1/2) ~ Cloud Strife

Sorry, kind of a short part 1. I promise a longer part 2.

Cloud was afraid. He didn't want to hurt you, his love. And perhaps things would have been different, had it not been for the purpose of your creation. You see, (Y/N) (L/N) was a superweapon created by ShinRa, for the purpose of destroying anyone that stood in the way of the army, Zack Fair and Aerith Gainsborough included. You were more powerful than Sephiroth himself. Your sole purpose was to destroy.

No, she wasn't quite robot. She was the daughter of (M/N) and (D/N) (L/N), having been taken into custody of the ShinRa from a very young age. She was taught to fight, and remain loyal to the cause. For nineteen long years, this is all she knew.

Fight.

Win.

Kill.

It wasn't until the death of Zack Fair that she realized just what she was doing. Yes, killing Aerith Gainsborough was currently ShinRa's top priority; but Sephiroth had gotten to her before (Y/N) got the chance. This means that Cloud Strife had no idea she existed; until the death of Zack Fair was publicly announced with name and face of the ShinRa assassin. Taking out ShinRa's top SOLDIER was not something to go unnoticed. The rogue Zack had gone against ShinRa many times; this meant he had to be dealt with personally. Sephiroth busied himself in the search for Cloud Strife. Failure after failure ensued and (Y/N) was sent on the job instead.

Love at first sight was not the proper term to be used. (Y/N) was enthralled by the man, but knew ShinRa always came first. The thing is, Cloud didn't even put up a fight. He let her drag him away, back to the ShinRa headquarters. He was immediately thrown into a cell, where the girl who was meant to kill him came to see him almost daily.

"Why did you let me take you?" She asked, leaning on the wall beside the cell, gazing in at the boy.

"Why didn't you just kill me?" He fired back. (Y/N) only smirked.

"Couldn't bear to see you just go to waste, pretty boy," He blushed slightly. "What's your name, anyway?" She pressed walking closer to the barred doors.

"Cloud Strife," He said, still a little unsure. His time with ShinRa taught him that you couldn't ever trust happy words or a pretty face. He squinted his eyes to get a closer look at the girl, who looked slightly familiar. "Wait, you're  (M/N)'s daughter!" He exclaimed, remembering the days in which he used to work with the young woman. (Y/N) cocked her head to the side with a confused glance.

"You know, your mom?" Cloud asked as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. She only gave a shrug.

"Never knew my parents. I've been a ShinRa labrat my entire life." She said, picking her nails. Cloud couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl, but the feelings of remorse were quickly replaced with those of sadness and anger.

"Why did you kill Zack?" Cloud suddenly said. (Y/N) looked slightly shocked that he'd question her, considering he himself worked for ShinRa, at least for awhile. She looked down at her feet.

"I had no choice," She said. Cloud stood up.

"Yes you did! We all have a choice!" Cloud began raising his voice.

"No, I didn't! I've never had a choice! I wasn't born free, I was born for ShinRa to use as a weapon! My parents were always loyalists. They promised to help ShinRa get what they wanted, and I'm what they're after. I was born a superweapon." The two were facing each other on opposite sides of the cell.

"But, what about Sephiroth?" Cloud couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"I'm more powerful than Sephiroth. I could easily kill him, no challenge. Sephiroth was made; I was born. He was infused with the Mako; I'm almost purely Mako." (Y/N) said, pulling her sleeves down to cover her veins, now glowing blue. Cloud's eyes somehow darkened and softened at the same time.

"I-I don't understand... What's the purpose of this? Why Zack? ShinRa nearly rules the entire world, why the hell do they need some kind of 'superweapon?'" Cloud exclaimed. (Y/N) shrugged.

"Guess the world just wasn't enough for them."