Chapter 59: Riku Back Into The Fray, Elite Warrior's True Desire

Start from the beginning

"I see...I guess it must be tough still being a hero at your age, senpai." Your father said before he was suddenly being choked by her as she smiled at him angrily.

"What was that again?" She asked in irritation.

"N-Nothing, senpai!" Your dad coughed as she let him go and he gasped for air.

"Speaking of which...What are you doing back out on the streets? I thought you were retired because of the injury to your back?" She asked as Rike rubbed his neck.

"I've got nothing much to do anymore. Y/N's living under a dorm system...I've got no real job aside from working as security at small gigs from time to time...I guess I'm just a little lonely..." Riku said as he sighed before smiling. "I thought maybe being a hero again could liven me up a bit." He said as Fasha smiled and patted his head.

"Just don't go too rough on things. You can roll with me and the small hero group I run. I got no problems with it. Sometimes these streets need some old fashion heroes." Fasha said as she nodded and stared to the side. "Still, it seems like this place doesn't need me. They've already got some pretty special heroes here already." She said as she stared at something in front of her with a smile and your father did the same.

"Yeah...And they're all here, gathered together for the annual billboard charts to see who are the top ten heroes in Japan." Your father said as the two of them stared at a dome-like convention center where there was press and a bunch of other people gathered outside trying to enter.

"They're about to announce the top ten right now, let's go, Riku-kun." Fasha said as she walked on in and he followed.

After following her inside and managing their way through the crowds, the two of them finally made their way to the main stage where there was an insane amount of people inside. Representatives of hero organizations, the press, bloggers, mega-fans, every kind of person involved in the hero world was inside the main stadium where there was a huge stage with spotlights aimed down on it as on the platform were stood the top ten heroes of Japan in this time. There were some familiar and new faces among the top ten, as your father and Fasha watched from a less-rowdy section of the crowd. The top ten heroes were ranked in their spots on the stage, number ten on the far right and number one on the far left. The current top ten heroes of Japan consisted of:

Number 10- Dragon Hero: Ryuku

Number 9- Armored Hero: Yoroimusha