Chapter 54- lala land

Start from the beginning

"No seriously!" He insists, raising his whisper. "I do it all the time, they never noti-" he pauses as he realizes I'm shooting him a reprimanding glare. He chuckles before continuing. "Used to. Anyway, it's easy, we just wait a little longer till they're completely asleep, and then climb out your window."

"Or the front door..?"

"You're so lame." He groans, shoving me backward lightly. "And they might hear. Window's safer."

I chuckle again. "Climbing down 2 stories by a tree is safer?"

"Shshshshhhhh-" Jungkook hushes me, bringing both his hands to my face and covering my mouth. I blink at him, still unconvinced. "Do you really want to die without sneaking out at least once?"

             "I'm fine with it." I say, my words coming out muffled under his hands. A little grin plays at the corners of his lips as he moves his hands to my cheeks, pulling me toward him.

          "But how can I do stuff like this in the house?" He asks, leaning close to my face to snatch a kiss. My eyes widen and I quickly push him backwards.

         "You're insane!" I whisper scream, smacking his arm as he attempts to keep his laughs quiet. "They're right up there!"

          "That's the point, airhead." He says with a grin, grabbing my face again with one hand, squishing my cheeks so that I look like a dumb fish.

         I glare. "Coming from you..." I say, words getting muffled once again.

           "So are we going or not?" He asks, ignoring me.

           "Only if you take me somewhere cool." I say, almost not believing my words coming out of my mouth. Never in a million years did I think I'd agree to this... I guess at this point in life I don't have much of a conscience.

           He flashes a gummy smile. "You can't take it back now." He says. "First, you have to go upstairs alone to sell that you're sleeping in your room. We'll wait until we hear them snoring and stuff, and then I'll sneak up, we'll go out the window, and then we're gone. Cars are too loud but we could always bike or walk." He says enthusiastically.

            "You sound like a pro." I say. "How many girlfriends have you done this with?" I ask, cocking my head to the side in a mocking manner.

           "Plenty." he says carelessly, not exactly the response I hoped for. When he sees my frown, he continues with a winning, genuine smile on his lips. "But you're the only one I'll take someplace cool."

I couldn't hold back my smile and roll my eyes at his sweet cheesiness. "If we get caught, I swear to god-"

"We won't." He grinned, nudging my arm. "Go upstairs. I'll be there soon."

Without further argument, I quickly jog up the steps and make my way to my room, a jolt of excitement spreading through me. I'm really gonna sneak out... I wonder where we'll go.

"Goodnight guys!" I call out to everyone in the house. My parents reply in sleepy tones, and I'm hoping that means they'll be fast asleep soon.

I lay in bed, unable to get rid of my nerves. My heart is already racing and we haven't even done anything. Maybe one day I'll get used to it, if we do this enough. I hope my parents will let Jungkook stay over again, too.

It occurs to me that in the 18 years I've known Hoseok and the billions of sleepovers we've had, we never once snuck out.

Hoseok never challenges me. He always tries to make sure I'm okay, and he doesn't pressure me or encourage me to get out of my comfort zone, to test my limits. We grew up together and learned from each other and changed together, and everything is just so familiar with us. Its beautiful, and I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world, but I think that's what makes me attracted to Jungkook rather than him.