"Want another?" Lauren asks me and I look at Karen.

"Go ahead, it's a wedding." She tells me and I smile.

"Sure." I tell Lauren and she gets me another glass. 

"You don't like the champagne?" Karen asks Lauren.

"Oh yea, it's good but I already had a glass and I am driving." She tells her and Karen looks at her with adoration clear in her brown eyes.

"Do you have time to come by this week, I ordered some seeds for the greenhouse." Karen looks at me.

"Yes, of course. I am free anytime after four all week." I tell her.

The pleased yet astonished look on Adele's face is obvious as she looks back and forth between Karen and I.

"So how long have you two been seeing one another?" The elderly woman asks Lauren and I.

"A few months." Lauren tells her quietly.

Sometimes I forget that no one outside of our.. well Lauren's group of friends know that we despised one another up until two months ago.

"Oh, so no great grandchildren for me anytime soon?" She laughs and Lauren's face flushes.

"No, no. We've only just moved in together." Lauren says and Karen and I both spit champagne back into our glasses at the same time.

"You two moved in together?" Mike asks.

I had not expected Lauren to tell them today, I hadn't even been sure if she would tell them at all. I am shocked and a little embarrassed of my reaction but mostly pleased that she has no problem admitting it.

"Yea, we moved into Artisan a few days ago." She explains.

"Wow, Artisan that is a nice place and closer to Camila's internship." Mike remarks. 

"Yea." Lauren says clearly trying to measure how everyone feels about our bombshell.

"Well, I am very happy for you Lauren. I never imagined you would be this happy and so.. at peace." He places his hand on her daughter's shoulder and I watch with a neutral expression.

"Thank you." Lauren says and actually smiles. 

"Maybe we could come by sometime and see it?" Mike asks and Karen's eyes lower.

"Mike.." She warns. She is probably thinking of the time Mike pushed Lauren to far, so am I.

"Uh, yea I guess you could." Lauren says, surprising us all.

"Really?" Mike asks and Lauren nods.

"Okay, just let us know when is good for the two of you." He says his eyes slightly glossy. 

Music begins to play through the tent and Karen grabs Mike's arm.

"That's our cue, thank you both so much for coming." Karen says and leans into hug me.

"You have done so much for this family, you have no idea." She whispers in my ear before pulling away.

"Time for the bride and groom's first dance!" A voice says through the speakers.

Adele walks away as well, following the crowd to watch the first dance.

"You just made their day." I tell Lauren and kiss her cheek.

"Let's go upstairs." She says.

"What?" My head is a little fuzzy from the two glasses of champagne I just finished.