Chapter 34

I take out my notes and textbooks and dive into my studies. I am working on next weeks assignments, I like to stay ahead one week at least so there is no chance I fall behind. I still can't believe that Lauren dropped Literature just so she doesn't have to see me. I should have asked her about that but I was too flustered and annoyed to think about it. Nothing that she does makes any type of sense to me, she drops a class to avoid me then practically forces me to let her drive me home? She gives me a headache. I know I am not paying attention to the essay I am supposed to be writing, I might as well find a movie and lay in bed until I fall asleep. It has only been two hours since I got off the phone with Shawn, it seems like four.

I decide on watching a romance movie about a woman who loses her memory, despite the fact that I have seen it numerous times. Less than ten minutes into the movie I hear someone cursing outside in the hall. I turn the volume up on my laptop but ignore it. It's Friday so I know there will be drunk people all over the dorms tonight. A few minutes later I hear the cursing again, it's a female voice then an other female joins in. The first female voice shouts louder and I recognize the accent. It's Lauren. I jump off my bed and swing open the door to find her sitting on the floor with her back against the wall outside my room. An angry girl with bleach blonde hair is standing over her scowling at Laurwn with her hands on her hips.

"Lauren?" I say and she looks up. A huge grins slides over her face.

"Karla?' She says and begins to stand.

"Can you please tell your girlfriend to get away from my door, she spilled vodka all over the floor and I will have to clean it up!" She yells and I look at Lauren. 

"She's not my.." I start to say but Lauren grabs my hand and pulls me towards my door.

"Sorry for the spill" she says and rolls her eyes at the blonde. The girl huffs and storms into her room.

"What are you doing here Lauren?" I ask her. She tries to walk past me and into my room but I block the entrance.

"Why can't I come in Camila? I will be nice to your grandpa" She laughs and I roll my eyes. I know she is making fun of Shawn. 

"He isn't here" 

"Why not? Okay so let me in" She slurs.

"No, are you drunk?" My eyes scan her face. Her eyes are red and her smirk gives it all away. She takes her lip in between her teeth and puts her hands into her pockets.

"I thought you didn't drink, now you have been drinking a lot" 

"It's only been twice, chill out" She says and pushes past me. "So why didn't Shawn come" she sits down on my bed. 

"I don't know" I lie and she laughs. 

"Sure. The gap probably had a sale on cardigans so he cancelled on you" She laughs and I can't help but join her. 

"So where is Molly? At a skanks-r-us sale?" I laugh and Lauren stops for a second and then laughs harder. 

"That was a terrible attempt at a comeback Karla" She jokes and I kick my foot at her. 

"Either way, you can't stay here. Shawn and I are back together, officially"

I notice her smile fade and she rubs her hands against her knees. "Nice pajamas" She says and I look down. Why is she trying to be so playful? We haven't resolved anything and the last time I checked we were both staying away from each other. 

"Lauren, you have to go"

"Let me guess, one of Shawn's conditions was that you have to stay away from me?" Her tone is more serious now.