Forty Eight

We arrived at the festival about an hour later. It had only started a few minutes before we reached the venue, but there were already so many people inside; teens, adults, little kids with their families, even some grandparents. We parked as close to the entrance as we could, and rushed through the 'welcome' sign. As soon as we were through, Edwin whipped his head around, trying to catch a glimpse of Tiffany.

A group of girls ran towards us, clutching their phones in their hands, ready for a picture. I moved out of the way as the boys posed this way and that way for everyone that wanted to see them. One of the girls kissed Nick on the cheek. He glanced towards me, hoping that I hadn't seen. I laughed with a shrug.

One of them paused to look at me.

"Wait," she said. "Are you officially back together?"

Nick laughed. "Since, like, months ago."

Her jaw dropped open. "Really?"

He nodded. She walked over towards me and gave me a hug, whispering into my ear that I was the luckiest person in the world. I laughed as she walked back to the boys.

Zion took some pictures, talked for a few minutes, then walked over towards me.

"She's cute." I said with a smirk.

He looked back. "Who?"

I pointed to the girl talking to Brandon. She had light blonde hair, pulled up into a loose ponytail, wearing a bralette with a skirt and thigh-high boots. He shrugged after looking at her for a moment.

"Not really my type." He joked.

"Caleb Zion Kuwonu has a type?" I laughed.

He pretended to slap my arm before settling next to me, leaning against the railings behind us. His hand brushed against mine. I quickly pulled mine away. It was just a reflex.

"So what is your type?" I asked, watching Nick laugh as Brandon teased him, a couple of girls laughing along with them.

He shrugged. "Taken."

"Huh?"

"I end up liking females that already have a guy." He said.

"Who?"

He shrugged. "No one specific. Just in general."

I sighed. A girl ran over, waving enthusiastically at Zion. He stood up with a smile, starting a conversation, taking pictures and videos with her. Nick walked towards me. I held out my arms with a grin as he came closer. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me into a hug, kissing my forehead repeatedly. I laughed, quickly turning to kiss him.

"PDA much?" Zion teased.

I blushed, leaning on Nick's shoulder. Soon enough, the girls had left. We walked around for a while, buying food, going on a couple of rides. I stopped in front of a huge ferris wheel, tugging at Nick's arm to ride with me.

"Come on!!" I laughed.

"Yo that's hella scary," he frowned. "Why's it go so high. Ferris wheels aren't supposed to go that high."

I groaned. "Let's do it. You'll be okay."

He shook his head slowly, backing away a little. I complained, calling him a baby. Zion walked out from behind, saying that he'd ride with me. I looked at Nick again. He shrugged. I shook my head in disappointment and followed Zion to the ticket officer. We climbed into the seat and waited for the ride to start.