Twenty Eight

That night was chaotic. Everyone began to leave at around 11 o'clock. Drunk groups of girls stumbled out the door and into their Ubers, sober girls shook their heads in disapproval, groups of guys squeezed into one car, speeding away back to wherever they came from... We stayed until everyone had left, cleaning up with some of the staff members that had offered to help us. Within around three hours, we were done. Splitting up into two different cars, we headed back to the hotel.

I sat in the back seat, Nick beside me. He'd fallen asleep, his head resting in my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair, smoothing down the individual strands. I could hear Edwin and Tiffany talking in front of us. Edwin complained about how his head hurt.

"I think I drank too much." He groaned.

"If we were still dating I would've stopped you." Tiffany shrugged. They both laughed.

I stopped. "What do you mean 'if you were still dating'."

Tiffany paused. Edwin looked at her before looking away towards the front of the car. Nick got up. He stared at Edwin with his eyebrows raised.

"We'll explain." Tiffany said slowly. "Back at the hotel. With everyone."

I sighed and sunk back into my seat. 

Nobody spoke for the rest of the drive. Our Uber driver looked back at us through the mirror a few times with a concerned expression but didn't say anything. When we finally arrived, he waved with a smile but whispered a 'good luck' as I stepped out of the car. 

After changing into pajamas and getting ready for bed, we all gathered in our room, sitting on the bed. The rest of them didn't know what was going on. Edwin had told them that he had something to tell them.

"Okay well me and Tiff aren't together anymore." He said calmly.

Charlotte's jaw dropped open, Zion sat up in surprise, and the rest of us looked at them for more explanation. Tiffany began to laugh, watching us stare in shock.

"Nothing happened," she said. "It just doesn't seem right anymore, and we're still friends, so there's nothing wrong."

Austin shook his head and smacked his forehead. I sighed. Nick sat behind me with his arms wrapped around my waist. I could hear his disappointment through his breathing.

"It's been..." Edwin started, trying to figure it out in his head. "Maybe like three months."

Charlotte raised her eyebrows. "Why didn't you tell us sooner?"

Tiffany shrugged. "It was something we needed to work out and get used to before telling anybody else. I don't know."

I sighed, but I understood. It's something that you yourself have to understand and comprehend before letting others know; even if they're your best friends.

"We're sorry." Edwin said. He was serious.

I shuffled over to Tiffany and hugged her. She smiled and hugged back. In a few minutes, everyone had joined in. We sat in a big pile in the middle of the bed, clinging onto each other, Tiffany and Edwin in the middle.