Thirty One

I hesitated. I'm not really sure why, but I did. Nick stood in front of me, shirtless, looking at me with his deep brown eyes, my back against the wall, my arms around his neck. I knew what he wanted to do.

"Hmm." I said after a while.

"I'm just kidding," he laughed. "Lemme go get another shirt."

He kissed my forehead before walking back to his bedroom. I followed behind him, closing the door as I walked in. He looked up from his closet, confused. I held his cheeks in my hands, pushing my lips gently against his. His hands travelled from my waist to my hips, pulling them closer towards him. He picked me up with a smile, placing me on the bed without breaking the kiss, his body over mine.

"Nick Mara!" Someone called from downstairs.

Our lips finally separated. He looked towards the closed door, waiting to see if they'd say something again.

"Nick! Aubri! We're eating!"

Nick sighed with a laugh. "Damn."

I laughed, planting a final kiss on his cheek. He stood up, pulling a sweatshirt over his head.

"We're not done yet." He said with a smile, pulling my up from the bed.

He pushed his lips against mine, walking towards the stairs at the same time. Our eyes remained closed, using only our hands and bodies to navigate through the hallway and to the stairs. I laughed as we bumped into the walls, and eventually the railings of the stairs. 

"Oh get a room later," Tiffany laughed from downstairs, looking up towards us. "Hurry up and come down so we can eat."

I blushed a deep pink, Nick laughing in embarrassment with a shrug. We joined everyone in the living room, sitting on the rug and leaning against the sofa. From behind me, Brandon grabbed the TV remote and switched to Netflix. Scrolling through the movies and TV shows, him and Charlotte tried to decide what to watch.

"Do we not get a say in this." Zion joked.

Brandon shrugged with a playful smile. Charlotte waved Zion away as he backed up into the sofa with a frown. Eventually, we all agreed to watch 22 Jump Street. Nick stood up as the movie started, setting his plate down on the floor and heading to the kitchen. He turned around by the door to ask if anyone else wanted a drink. We all put our hands up. He sighed with a laugh and told us that he'd be right back.

Edwin paused the movie. I looked back, confused.

"Aight," Zion said with a smile. "We're gonna prank Nicholas Mara."

I laughed. "Are you serious."

He nodded. Austin leaned in towards us with a smirk. "Not now, later. Like in the morning."

"Basically," Brandon started. "You gotta pretend you fell or something down the stairs at like 2 AM."

"Yeah and we're gonna put fake blood all over you," Zion laughed. "You're gonna die, for like, a few minutes."

"But why." I said slowly.

"Just 'cause it'll be funny." Austin shrugged. "I mean it's gonna suck for him, but it's gonna be funny for the rest of us. And we're gonna film it."

I sighed, but agreed. "Fine."

The girls laughed in disapproval, but shrugged and said they'd help out. I turned back around with a laugh as Nick walked in, dozens of drinks in his arms, and Edwin resumed the movie.