Thirty

We arrived back at the boys' house eight hours later. Austin hadn't gotten any sleep on the bus from keeping the bus driver company when everyone else was taking a nap, so as soon as the house doors opened, he ran up to his bed and fell asleep. Tiffany, Charlotte and I helped the rest of the boys unpack; clothes, equipment, gifts that fans had given them, and more.

Once we'd finished, it was around 5:00 PM. We decided to order some food to eat before the girls would leave.

"We're ordering Chinese." Zion said, dropping down to lay on the carpet.

"No! We're getting pizza!" Edwin yelled from the kitchen.

I laughed, curling up against the side of the sofa, texting a friend. Zion turned to me, asking what I wanted; Chinese or pizza. I shrugged, laughing.

"Nah, bro." He said. "You gotta answer."

I shrugged again with a smile. He looked at me for a moment before standing up. I tried to back away, nervous of what he might do.

"Okay okay," I laughed. "Uh.. Chinese."

Edwin groaned, falling to the ground. Tiffany slapped his shoulder and told him to stop being a baby, but he ended up pulling her down with him. She fell to the ground, laying beside him, wheezing with laughter.

I sighed, then headed upstairs to use the bathroom.

As soon as I was about to open the door, another one opened behind me. I turned around to see Nick walking out from his bedroom, shirtless with sweatpants, carrying a shirt. He smiled as our eyes met and walked towards where I was standing.

"What are you doing, Nick Mara." I laughed as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I don't know," he murmured. "Loving my girlfriend, I guess."

I burst out in laughter. "Mmhm."

He smiled. "I don't know why you're laughing. I'm deadass."

I nodded with a smile, my arms around his neck. I traced the tattoo on his chest with my finger, outlining the X's and M's and I's. 

I pointed to the Bible verse. "What does it mean?"

He smiled. "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

"Psalm 23, verse four." I finished.

He tilted his head to the side and smiled again. "You're beautiful."

I gave a soft laugh. "I think you should put your shirt on."

"Mmm I don't know," he joked. "Are you sure?"

I nodded, holding back laughter.

"I mean, I think it's pretty good where it is now." He shrugged.

I pulled at the shirt in his hands, trying to put it on for him, but he wouldn't let go. I laughed, telling him to stop. But he threw the shirt down the stairs.

"That's better." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes with a laugh. "Nick."

"Yeah what's up?" He asked, pretending not to know what I meant.

"Put a shirt on!" I laughed. "Or I might end up doing something stupid."

He shrugged with a smirk. "Why don't you show me what that stupid thing is and I'll decide whether to put a shirt on or not."