Twenty Three

For the next three weeks, we became more comfortable and public with our relationship. Nick had recently revealed on a live stream that we'd gotten back together. He explained the reason for our initial breakup and how different it was than people had originally thought; we never hated each other, neither of us did anything to push the other away, and we ended on good terms. I sat in my bed in our separate hotel room, Tiffany and Charlotte lying on either side of me, watching him on my phone.

"A lot of you guys completely misunderstood what had happened," he shrugged. "Some people said that Aubri cheated on me, or I cheated on her, or whatever but y'all got it all twisted. We just needed time apart and we weren't open about what happened because it was between us. We love you guys and all but it was a personal thing and we didn't want to share it."

Tiffany turned to look at me. "What actually happened. You never told us."

I shrugged with a grin. She groaned, lightly slapping my arm, begging me to tell her.

"Fine," I said in the end with a sigh.

Turning off the phone, I grabbed a pillow and lay down to face the ceiling. They sat beside me, waiting for me to start talking.

"Okay so," I laughed. "Nothing really happened. There was no drama, he didn't do anything to make me want to break up with him, and I didn't do anything to make him want to break up with me. At least I don't think."

"Who brought it up first?" Tiffany asked, interested.

"I did. But he agreed."

Charlotte sighed, shaking her head in disapproval. I laughed before burying my head into the pillow. A few seconds later, the door opened. I looked up to see Nick and Brandon standing in the doorway. Charlotte jumped into hug, making Brandon stumble and laugh. Nick walked over, held my cheeks in his hands and kissed my forehead.

"Wanna go out?" He asked quietly.

I nodded with a smile, our faces only inches apart. He chuckled before I got up to change. After pulling an oversized hoodie over my head and putting on some sneakers, we quietly left the room while Tiffany and Charlotte argued over who was more romantic.

"So where do you wanna go?" He grinned, holding my hand in his.

"To the stars," I joked, remembering the scene from Titanic. "I'm just kidding. Um... I don't know. Where do you wanna go?"

He shrugged. "We could just drive around."

I nodded with a smile and we stepped onto the elevator.