Chapter 11

~Mylie~

I wake up feeling extremely groggy and the second I lift my head up memories of last night come flooding back, I sit up and remember everything Zach said and did and I still can't wrap my head around it. How did I not see that scary violent side of him? I check my phone, its 9am Sunday, I groan and rub my face as I throw my blanket off me and go straight to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and groan even louder at the sight of my face, its practically swollen from crying so much, my eyes are black underneath from the makeup I didn't wash off and my hair is almost an entire knot. I shake my head and start brushing out the knots in my long dark hair. After about 10 minutes of that its pretty decent so I hop in the shower and scrub my face, body, and hair as quickly but as thoroughly as possible. Once I'm out of the shower I change into black comfy sweatpants and a gray t-shirt because I really can't be bothered to try today. I put on some pink fuzzy socks and walk down the hallway towards the stairs when Jax's bedroom door opens and he grabs my arm gently.

"Hey, morning.." He smiles softly down at me and immediately pulls me into a tight hug.

"Hi." I sigh and hug him back, too drained to even smile.

"I'm not gonna ask how you are." He lays his chin on my head and I move closer to him.

"Good." I lean against his chest and groan as I feel my stomach grumble.

"I'm gonna make us breakfast, maybe you should invite Sadie and Dean over, you might feel better with them around." He lets go of me and we walk downstairs together.

I shrug, "I might, I kinda wanna be alone right now though." I glance over at him and see his face change, he looks sadder.

"Yea.." He trails off.

"I wanna be alone with you I mean." I smile softly at him and he does the same back.

"Wow, you're so nice suddenly." He jokes and shoves me playfully as he walks to the kitchen and pulls out his ingredients.

"Well, you probably saved me and Sadie last night so I think your old ass deserves some niceness." I smile and hop onto the counter so I can watch him cook.

"Ah, I'm still an old man huh." He chuckles and shakes his head as he grabs a pan, puts in on the stove and waits for it to heat up.

"Yep, always will be." I giggle and smell the air as he puts the raw bacon on the pan and it sizzles loudly.

I watch Jax as he cooks bacon, scrambled eggs, and makes pancakes simultaneously, he has always been an amazing cook but I'm not sure when or where he learned to cook. Once it was all done, we set it up at the dining table and made our plates.

"Holy shit this smells good." I almost drool as my stomach grumbles louder.

"Well I am the best chef in the world." He smirks and sits down with his plate and sit across from him with mine.

"Mmmmmmm ohmygod.." I moan dramatically at how good this food is, every bite feels like I'm getting closer to heaven.

"Damn, have you never eaten my food before?" He laughs and watches me shove my face full of food.

"I have, I just am so hungry and this is sooo good." I say with my mouth full.

"Yea.. I can tell." He shakes his head and eats at a normal pace.

After breakfast we sit in the living room and hangout watching weird tv shows and making fun of them until my phone starts ringing, I look and see its Sadie so I go up to my room and answer the call.