The journey was fairly long and tiresome. It had begun to rain and many put up their coats to block the rain that sprayed through broken windows. Soon enough though the rain was gone as they left the town where the thick clouds stayed. People slept as time passed, leaning on each other in the crowded track car. 

The group watched intently as they were above ground for a moment then went back under. They were underground for a long time before it opened up to a massive cavern. They went into a type of station and people rushed over to help them. The tired people almost seemed to stumble out of the track car. A few held onto the people and frowned as they looked around.

"This isn't home." The man that spoke up earlier said in growing frustration as fear filled his eyes. "What is this place?" He asked seriously, glaring at the woman

"It's okay, it's okay." She said quickly and looked at him. "I know it's not home... but it's a safe haven from those machines." She explained as she looked at him. "We're going to take back our homes when we can..." she promised. The man rubbed his scruffy chin in irritation, scared.

"Right." He muttered, sighing. An elder took the womans hand in hers and gently patted the top of her hand.

"Thank you." She whispered, her tear filled gray eyes staring at the mask the woman wore. She struggled to smile before following the others. The woman watched them and smiled a little then took her mask off. She sighed shakily as she rubbed her head.

"Sir... do... do you... remember me?" She asked the old man. The old man looked at her, his eyes searching her face

"My memory isn't what it used to be." He muttered. "Am I familar to you?" She stared at him for a while then looked off to the side as tears filled her eyes. She felt her heart break as his words went through her head.

"I... I don't want to burden you... you have a lot to take in. Why don't we get you to the hospital section?" She whispered and led him there.

He frowned, confused at what she said. He began walking with her quietly, trying to remember, his eyebrows knitting together. He wanted to say something but couldn't find the words.

"I-I'm a Doctor. I can help if you would want it." He spoke quietly, hoping to calm her. 

"Oh no no no... we need to make sure you get looked after then work on getting you a home. We can make you a doctor here if you like... but after you are settled." She said as she looked at him and smiled a little. It clicked suddenly in his head. She was his granddaughter. Everyone else in their families had been killed by the bomb.

The old man smiled faintly. "That would be nice." He spoke as tears filled his eyes, running down his old face. He hesitated as he took in a shaky breath, gently stroking her hair. "You've grown." He muttered shakily. She stopped suddenly and looked at him then smiled sadly.

"You remember me..." she whispered quietly as she hugged him. He hugged her back, closing his eyes with happiness.

"I thought I lost you." He muttered seriously, shaking slightly. "I'm glad your alright."

"I was afraid I lost you as well..." she whispered quietly and hugged him tighter then buried her face in his shoulder. He held her close and rubbed her back, relaxing as he had his family, even if it was just his granddaughter. That was enough for him. But he did begin to wonder...

"Do you know where your father is?" He whispered.

"He's dead...." she rasped quietly and looked at him. "He died trying to save the others..." she choked. "One of the robot men... stepped on him..." He frowned deeply and began shushing her lightly, stroking her hair. Perhaps it was too soon to have asked that.

"I'm sorry." He murmured. "I'll take care of you." He smiled faintly as he rubbed her cheek with his thumb.

"I'll care for you too." She whispered quietly and looked at him. "I want you to know that. I went up there to try and find you..." she whispered

He smiled a bit sadly. "Well you found me. I'm here now." He said gently. "I'm not going to let anybody or any robot take you, alright?" He tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"And I won't let anyone hurt you either." She said seriously as she gripped his face between her hands 

He rested his hands over hers and sighed softly. "Nothing will happen to me. I promise." He spoke calmly.

She nodded quickly and hugged him again then led him to a place he could be looked over. When he was good to go, she took him to her apartment and gave him the extra room.

He thanked her calmly, looking around quietly. He walked into his room and went to the bed, sighing softly. Slowly he sat down, feeling the comfort of it. He hadn't had a bed in a long time. He closed his eyes, rubbing his face tiredly before getting up again and going to the kitchen so they could eat. She was making dinner and heard a knock on the door. She walked over and answered it to see a young man.

"Hello Skye." He said as he smiled slightly and looked at the man. "Oh sorry... who's this?" He asked. 

"I'm her grandfather. Who are you?" He asked seriously, suspicion filling his eyes as he walked over stiffly. 

"Grandad it's alright. He's one of the men from my team." She said as she smiled slightly. "This is Zane." She introduced.

"Hello sir... um... what's your name?" He asked as he held his hand out to him. 

The man watched him quietly before bringing his wrinkled hand forward, taking his and shaking it. "Henry." He mumbled. "Nice to meet you." 

"Nice to meet you, Henry..." he whispered quietly and shook his hand. He let go and looked at her then at him. "We have another mission." He said seriously. 

Henry frowned. "So soon?" He asked worriedly as he glanced at Skye. "What about dinner?" He asked as he began walking back to the kitchen to where she was. "When will you be home? How will I know you're safe?"

"Grandad it's alright." She whispered quietly and gently gripped his hands in both of hers. "I made you some dinner... I don't know... and I'll be with my team." She said.

His old hands tightened around hers as he stared down at her. "I just got you back." He whispered, frowning but sighed. "Be careful. Please." He murmured. 

"Just stay here... and be safe." She whispered quietly and gently kissed his cheek. "I have to help save our people..."

He nodded and kissed the top of her head. "I love you." He murmured and sighed as he let go of her. He eyed Zane quietly. "Make sure she stays safe." He spoke seriously. 

The young man hesitated then nodded slowly as he watched him then led the young woman out of the room. She smiled at him then wandered off. 

The old man stood there for a long moment before taking out his old wallet and pulling out a picture. He smiled faintly as he looked at him and his son.

He sighed softly and put it back into his wallet after a long moment. He looked at his drivers license, long expired. The name read 'Ratchet'. He sighed and closed the wallet and soon began leaving the apartment to try and find the hospital section.