Special Chapter: Let's make Udon!

(Takes place after Volume 16)

Tatsuya's POV

After we had finished up with classes for the day, the Occult Research Club, excluding a few members due to important things involving the formation of "DxD", Asia, Issei, Xenovia, Gasper, Kiba and I all met up in the clubhouse only to find something strange going on.

"Huh?"

Tsubaki and Sona, they were kneading dough on the table in the clubroom.

"Um.. Rias?" Issei asked.

"Yes, Issei?"

"What are they doing?"

"I like to know too..." I added.

"Do you guys remember the dodgeball game we did to see who get familiars?" Rias asked.

"Uh-huh."

"Still can't forget how much Kiba has changed since then."

"Well they agreed originally that whoever lost the dodgeball game would make udon for the winner, so I decided what better time to crash on that offer than now."

"Is that why Sona is kneading udon bread?" Issei asked.

"It's traditional to make it from scratch." Akeno said.

"Really? I didn't know that."

Sona take a break from the dough kneading to see the current progress.

"How's it going, Tsubaki?"

"It takes...a bit more..." Tsubaki replied, still kneading.

"It looks difficult." Gasper said.

"I suppose there's nothing to it. We'll lend you a hand." Rias said.

"No, we need no pity from the enemy."

"I think that's a little too much..."

"Please don't misunderstand, Sona. We just want to have really good udon, right Koneko?"

"Udon is the pinnacle of flour creations."

"Yeesh."

"Why are you guys so obsessed with udon?" Issei asked.

"Oh my, that's elementary."

"How so?" I asked. "Are devils and udon really that close? I didn't even know that."

"Haha, no Tatsuya-kun, it's more about the Gremory and Sitri families." Kiba answered.

"I love it when he uses my nickname."

"Well then, let's get started, Asia!" Akeno said, joining Rias and Koneko.

"R-Right!"

The girls took off their socks and shoes, and started pounding on the udon on top of the table.

"Uh...."

"Um, is it really okay to knead the dough with our feet?" Asia asked.

"Of course, this is ancient tradition!"

"Since when?"

"If we don't do it with our feet, the gluten from the grains won't be evenly distributed!"

"It's the elasticity and viscosity. Until the pressure balances them perfectly, no true, acceptable udon may be born." Koneko said.

"Holy crap, Koneko's speaking in long sentences?!"

"So even Koneko's being serious...." I said.

"Udon is pretty serious to them." Kiba said.

I then noticed that Issei had his signature lewd expression, and I looked at the girls, seeing that their breaths were moving as they kneaded the dough.

High School DxD (Yuuto Kiba x Tatsuya Kishimoto)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara