s i x t e e n

-Unedited

You ran and ran until you reached Jimin's house. You looked up at his bedroom window, his lights were still on so you were guessing he was still awake. You looked for his parents car but you didn't see it.

You slowly walked to his porch as you stood there taking deep breathes. You wanted to turn around and forget about it but even if you tried to move, your legs wouldn't give in.

So, you finally got your breathing back to normal but you couldn't hear anything due to your heart thumping in your chest. You slowly placed your finger on the door bell as you pushed your finger in. You could hear the doorbell ring in the house.

"Be right there!" Your heart dropped when you heard Jimins voice. You tried to turn around and run as far as you could but it was too late, Jimin had already opened the door.

"Y/n?" You slowly turned around with your eyes squeezed shut. Once you finally turned around, you pulled off a fake smile as you waved to him.

"What're you doing here?" He asked as he opened the door gesturing you to come inside. You walked inside and took a seat on the couch. You watched as he closed and locked the door and walked over to you. He plopped down on the couch in front of you.

"What's up?" He asks as he threw his arm on the back of the couch. You gulped the knot forming in your throat. You didn't want to just come off like that so you decided to do a small talk first. "Um," You say as you force a smile. "Good job on winning the talent show for Jiwoo. She was really happy knowing they had the money to save her dad." You smiled.

He smiled back and his smile gave you butterflies. You looked the other way trying not to give any signs away. You thought of other things to talk about, but the only thing that came in mind was his cute giggle and perfect smile.

When you looked back up at him, he was already staring at you. But with his eyebrows furrowed. "Everything good?" He asked as he slowly tilts his head.

You sucked in air through your teeth as you nodded your head slowly. Your heart was racing and you've decided that you needed to get this off of your chest. The truth was eating you alive from the inside and your body just wanted him to know already.

So you slowly stood up, his eyes watching your every move. As you stood up from the couch you unclenched your hands and opened and closed your eyes trying to get rid of the nervousness.

You slowly walked over to Jimin and took a seat beside him. He raised one eyebrow as he stared at your side profile, confused. You exhaled through your nose and slowly turned to face him. You realized how close you where to him and that made you smile big. Jimin showed a small smile but you could still see the confusion written all over his face.

"What's going on?" He asked once again. You stared at his lips for a moment then looked back up at him. You where stuck. You didn't think this through y'all the way and you didn't know what to do next. "U-uh," you stuttered with big wide eyes.

Jimin only let out a chuckles as he raked his fingers through his hair. "Y/n. What's going on with you? Do I need to call Taehyung?" He says as he starts pulling out his phone from his pocket.

You quickly grabbed and hand to stop him. "N-no! I mean...no." You say as you let his hand go. He placed his phone on the night stand beside the couch. He turns his body to face you, one leg resting on the couch as the other stayed on the ground.

You let out a shaky breathe. You've decided to stop stalling and just get it over with.

"Jimin..." You finally say. He let out a soft 'hm'. You gulped and opened your mouth to speak again.

"Do you know how it feels to be in love with a person?" You asked. It was quiet for a second as he just stared at you.

"No. I haven't been in love yet. Why do you ask, are you in love?"

You pursed hour lips and looked away. You glanced back at him and nodded your head slowly. "Kinda... but why I'm trying to say is-." You paused to take a deep and calm breathe. "I-I," your mouth was still opened but the word you were looking for would t come out.

You closed your eyes and let out a another deep breathe. You opened your eyes and stared into Jimins confused dark eyes.

You bit your lower lip as your eyes traveled to his lips. You stared at his lips and you could feel yourself scooting in bit by bit.

You looked up at him and his eyes were opened wide. You gasped lowly as you realized how close you two were. The room was silent. The only thing heard was the sounds of you guys breathe mixing together from how close you were.

Something screaming at you was telling you to hurry up and kiss him. But you kept telling yourself it would ruin everything. You wanted to so bad but you couldn't risk it.

You slowly backed away. Your eyes still locked with his. You wanted to know what he was thinking so bad and it was killing you. You wanted to know if he thought the same about you. If he wanted to kiss you. If his heart rate increases whenever he sees, hears, or thinks of you.

You wanted to find out so bad. And so, you placed your lips on his. Both of your eyes still open. You both didn't move your lips as you just stared into one another's eyes

Your heart beat increased its speed so fast you thought it would explode any second.

But then all of that stopped when Jimin pushed you away. Your heart dropped as you watched him slowly take his finger and hold it against his lips. He didn't look at you for a second and you finally knew the answer. Jimin didn't feel the same as you did.

He finally looked up at you. You stared at him with pleading eyes as you gnawed at your lower lip. "What the hell was that?" He whispered.

"Jimin. I-I like you..." your voice came out small. You watched his actions but he only started to look sad. He looked down. The silence was killing you. You wanted to know what he was thinking and how he felt about it.

"I'm sorry that I kissed you. Please, don't tell Taehyung. I..I just didn't know how else I could tell you. I was afraid."

He looked up at you finally. But this look was different. You've never seen it on Jimin before and you couldn't explain what it was but the look made your heart drop five feet under.

"Y/n. I'm sorry but, I don't feel the same." You didn't say anything because you knew it was coming. Looked down as you tried to fight the tears but biting your lip til it bled but it was no use, the tears starting streaming down your cheeks as you kept your head down. Not letting Jimin know you where crying. You swore your heart stopped beating for a second and you could hear the pieces of your heart shattering.

You felt a hand on your leg. It was Jimin. Trying to comfort you. But you didn't need him.

"I'm sorry." His voice was quite. You pushed his hand away. And stood up. Jimin stood up as well. "Y/n. Say something. I'm truly sorry. I hop we can just forget about this and continue as friends."

You looked up at him and chuckled in disbelief. You shook you head. "Forget? Okay Jimin." You say as you move towards the door.

"I'm so sorry y/n." He kept apologizing.

You stopped at the door, not turning around to look at him. "It's okay Jimin. You could stop apologizing now." You whispered. You opened the door and stormed out before he could say anything.

You couldn't stop sobbing and you ran all the way home. You seen your parents car in the drive way and cursed to yourself. You slowly opened the door. Stepping inside as you sniffled.

"Hey sweetheart h- whats wrong?" Your mothers asks when she sees your red eyes and dried tear stains. You could only sob more in response as you rushed up the stairs and into your room, Ignoring your mother calling your name.

I'm sorry. I know this chapter was lame and boring, but I needed to update🤧