Ch 29: Sorry Dorky

Tj's pov.....

"Where are we?" I asked as we pulled up into a parking lot. Dorky had called me a few minuted earlier in a panick, but I think he's glad I'm alright. My dad though. He was after us. I had informed my mom about it and she told us not to worry.

"A motel. My sister owns it, and is going to agree to let us stay." My mom stated. I looked over at a sleeping Amber. I nudged her shoulder in an attempt to wake her from her slumber.

"What!?" She groaned.

"We're at a hotel! We need to get up." I mumbled. She groaned once more, getting up and out of the car. We walked over to our mom, who was speaking with our Aunt.

"Okay, she said she'll call the front office and let us have a free room for the weeked." Mom exclaimed. We walked into the motel, still tense and tired. We approached the lady at the front desk.

"Can I help you?" She asked us.

"Yes, my name is Cassie Kippen. If I'm not mistaken, there should be a room for me." Mom exclaimed.

"Oh, yes. My boss just called me, telling me of your arrival." The lady stated. She kneeled below the counter then came back up with a key.

"Thank you," Mom mummbled, grabbing the key from her. The room was small. Two medium beds, a tiny sofa,  a small tv on a stand above a small fridge.

"Well this is...cozy." Amber muttered. I walked over to one of the beds, and fell onto it.

"Can we just sleep!?" I whined.

"Gladly," my mom exclaimed. I snuggled into the blankets. My mom and Amber shared a bed while I got a bed to myself.

..........

"Tj, wake up!" Amber yelled, disturbing me from sleep.

"5 more minutes!" I groaned.

"No! We need to get up." She snarled. I slowly sat up, still drowsy. I stood up and went to the small bathroom, closing the door behind me.

I turned on the faucet to warm, and splashed my face, trying to wake myself up. I started patting my pants, feeling for my phone. I never took it out of my pocket last night. I opened it up and noticed all the text from Dorky that I got the previous night as well.

Dorky💖: WHERE ARE YOU??? ARE YOU OKAY? PLEASE ANSWER ME!!

Me: Wow. I just read all the text from last night and you must've missed me. Was it cold in your bed since I wasn't there to cuddle you???

I put my phone away and walked out of the bathroom. Amber was on the tiny sofa.

"Where's Mom?"

"She went to go get us breakfast. What are you doing?" Amber asked back.

"Waiting for a text?" I replied.

"Cyrus?"

"Yup." I exclaimed. I sat down on the bed, and took out my phone again. I went to messages, expecting a snarky remark from my boyfriend. But no reply to my text yet.

I went to different apps for awhile, waiting for Dorky to text back. 20 minutes passed.  Maybe he's phone was charging, or he just didn't have with him. I turned my head over to see the clock shine 11 a.m. . It shocked me on how late it really was. I was expecting it to be eight or nine. I guess we were pretty tired last night.

"I'm back!" My mom shouted, entering the room with a few take out boxes.

"What's in there?" I asked.