Ch 19: Flirting, But Not With Me

Me: What why? Why should I leave Tj?

Buffy: Come here and I'll show you! I'm at my house!

   I starred at the text confused. I looked back down at Tj, who was currently giving me a piggyback ride.

"I have to go somewhere real quick. Is that ok?" I asked Andi and Tj.

"What about our double date?" Andi asked.

"It'll be real quick, I promise!" As I said that, Tj let me off his back, then turned around giving a pouty face.

"You can go, but you better be back!" Tj yelled. I gave him a quick hug then started an attempt to run towards Buffy's house. I got there in a matter of 20 minutes. As soon as I put my hand up to knock on the door, Buffy opened it.

"I saw you breathlessly walking over," Buffy stated. I walked into the house, and went up to her room. As soon as she caught up, I asked...

"So why should I leave Tj? He apologized, in the right way!" I yelled.

"Cyrus! I know how much you like Tj...but you need to see this!" Buffy muttered. She went to her desk, then picked up her phone. "Look!" She said, shoving the phone in my face.

It was a video of Tj at his locker. Where's the bad thing in this? Suddenly, a girl walked up to Tj. It appeared to be that were flirting. They could just be friends though, so no need to freak out. That's what I thought, until the girl stepped on her tippy toes and kissed Tj on the cheek. I handed the phone back to Buffy.

"I'm sorry Cyrus. If you ne-"

"I'm not going to overreact! Not this time, anyway. The girl could just have a crush on Tj. I'll just ask Tj what happened, not a big deal yet." I exclaimed. I was secretly worried though. I mean, how could I not be worried. I felt a buzz from my pocket.

Tj❤: I got bored at The Spoon so I went home. I'm sorry, but it was boring without you to constantly hold. I'll see you tommorow.

Me: Okay!

I put my phone in my pocket. I looked at Buffy who was standing up, starring at nothing. She was probably in focus. I snapped my fingers in her face, waking her from her trance.

"Oh, sorry! Anyway...talk to Tj, and see how this whole thing ties up,"

"Yeah. I'll see you tommorow." I exclaimed.

"Before you go though Cyrus!" The girl yelled, gaining my attention. "I'm not trying to separate you guys. I want you to be with Tj!" Buffy continued. I nodded and started to walk off.

"But Jonah doesn't....."

~ Time skip to tomorrow ~

I was at my locker, getting prepared for the first class of the day. I haven't confronted Tj yet, which was my top priority today. I was walking to my classroom, and saw Tj. He looked at me with a glum look and walked inside the class.

I went to my seat, which was next to Tj's. I looked over at him to see him doodling in a notebook. I was about to get his attention, the teacher came in and started rambling over the Civil War.

The class had ended, and Tj rushed out. Why was he acting so strange? Was he avoiding me? No. Why would he? My thoughts go blank as I realize the bell rung 30 seconds ago, and I haven't moved.

~ Time skip to lunch ~

I sat down with my food across from Jonah and Buffy who were chatting with each other. Andi was talking to a teacher to bring her grade up. A look around the cafeteria, searching for Tj.

I finally found him. He looked in my direction then put his head down as he walked to his basketball friends.

"That's weird," Jonah mumbled.

"Yeah, he usually always sits with you," Buffy stated. Maybe he just wanted to be with friends. Then...the girl sat beside him. The same girl from the video Buffy showed me. She leaned towards Tj and planted a kiss on his cheek.

I looked over at Buffy and Jonah. Buffy was stabbing her apple with a plastic fork. I don't know if it's out of stress or if it's for fun. Then Jonah was starring dagers at Tj with an enraged face. They both stood up and grabbed me, pulling me into the hall.

"What the heck! Did you and Tj end things!?" Jonah asked, yelling as well.

"No! Not that I know..." I muttered under my breath.

"Then why is this random girl kissing him?" Buffy asked.

"I don't know,"

"Well he's over there letting it happen!" She yelled.

"Just out of the blue?" Jonah asked.

"Yeah, but it dosen't make sense! This is not like Tj at all!" I stated.

"I thought this would happen," Buffy mumbled, starting to walk away.

"Don't confront him Buffy!" I yelled.

"Yeah Buffy, don't talk to him...because I'm going to!" Jonah yelled, leaving into the cafeteria. He ran to Tj before I could yell no! All I could do is watch.

Jonah approached the table full of basketball players. Tj turned around to see him. Next thing I knew, Jonah grabbed Tj's arms and pulled him out of his seat.

"What are you doing Tj!? Why would you just do this to Cyrus!?" He shouted, gaining everyone's attention.

"Jonah...I cam explain lat-"

"Shut up!" Jonah shouted. "I knew you weren't good enough for Cyrus. I predicted that you'd do something like this!" He continued. Tj was looking down at his shoes. Jonah raised up a hand, about to slap Tj, until Buffy pulled him back. I didn't even realize that she left my side.

"He's not worth it Jonah!" Buffy snarled. Apparently, Buffy's words weren't good enough, because Jonah slapped Tj's face hard enough to make it red. After a matter of seconds, the basketball team, except Buffy, picked Jonah up and started hitting him. I ran over and begged...

"Stop bullying him!" I Yelled! The guys let go, dropping Jonah on the ground. I went to his side and saw a black eye.  I got up and helped him to the nurse. Buf before I did...

"Tj...do you like me?" I asked before leaving. An awkward silence emerged. Tj looked at me...

"No, Dorky," My heart...shattered. I turned around, already feeling waterfalls forming. What happened? The love of my life...just gone... I walked away. I still have hope though...beacuse Tj eyes were full of sorrow and disappointment. They looked dead, while that one word took place...Tj said "Dorky,"

(A/N) This was a keeper! Idk y, but this is one of my fav chapters! I hoped u enjoyed ur reading time. Remember to vote, and comment! No sneaky today!!!!