Ch 2: Basketball Tryouts

It's been three days since my little encounter with Tj. Today was Friday, and also basketball tryouts. Buffy was pumped and ready for it. I was pumped and ready to sit on a bench and eat snacks!

I was at my locker gathering my work for World History class, then I realize I let Andi borrow my book, cuz the one she was assigned with was all ripped up. I started walking to her locker, in hopes she was there. I finally spotted Andi...flirting...with Jonah.

I instantly turned around. Yes, I was jealous, but I wasn't gonna let that stop me from arriving to class without my book. I started walking to, can't believe this, Tj's locker.

Tj is in my class, and I know he has an extra book. How? One time I saw him steal a book from the classroom. I was walking up to Tj, trying to gather as much courage as possible.

"Hey Tj" I blurted nervously.

"What do want loser?" Tj asked coldly.

"The extra book you have." I answered, this time with annoyance in my voice.

"How do you know about that?" He asked in confusion.

"I saw you take the book Tj...your not that sneaky." I stated.

"I can't believe this is coming from the guy who can't do a pushup without having a water break afterwards." He snarled back at me.

"Yes, I get it. I'm not athletic!" I shouted. Tj laughed and took a long look at me...then handed me the book.

"Thank you!" I shouted.

"No problem...dorky." He exclaimed with a smile, then left. I was smiling as well, but the problem was that...I was blushing. I could feel the heat on my cheeks as I lightly touched my face. I was blushing, for reasons I don't know....

~ Time skip to lunch ~

I was in line early this time, so actually got lunch today. I walked back to the table where my friends were at, after I got my lunch. I took my seat, right before Buffy started getting all excited.

"AHHH! Basketball tryouts start right after school, and I can't wait!" Buffy shouted.

"Yeah, you're gonna be the first girl on the basketball team!" I exclaimed happily.

"Guys. Bad news...I can't make it to the tryouts. Bex wants me to help her out at work." Andi stated, with a disappointing look.

"It's alright Andi! Just come to every single one of my games, or I'll set something on fire...Joking!" Buffy shouted, laughing afterwards. I leaned over to Andi and whispered.

"I don't think she's joking!" Andi nodded in agreement.

"Hey guys!" An all to familiar voice said. And then Jonah took his seat right across from me.

"So Jonah, coming to tryouts?" Buffy asked.

"Sure! I have nothing planned so.." he stated. Buffy smiled, and started eating her lunch.

"Hey Cyrus, I need to talk to you in private." Jonah whispered to me.

"Why?" I asked.

"You'll see." Is all he said as he got up and headed to the hall. I quickly followed him, gaining a stare from Andi.

"Okay, so what do have to tell me?" I asked Jonah.

"Cyrus, I've been thinking about us lately..." Jonah stated.

"Oh... what do you mean?" I asked confused. This could go poorly...or hopefully, happy.

"I mean I want to make it official, make this...official!" Jonah exclaimed. Oh god...it's the moment I've been waiting for...

"Yes Jonah..." I mumble.

"You are now officially...THE SPACE OTTERS COMPANION GUIDE!" Jonah shouted.

"Companion...guide? What's that?" I asked, with a gloomy look on my face.

"It means you will attend every game of ours, I mean...you're like a couch to the team!" Jonah explained. Yeah...this went poorly. I put on a fake smile and hugged him.

~ Time skip to after school ~

I was walking into the gym, and spotted Buffy sitting with a bunch of other guys, who I'm guessing is going to tryout. I took my seat up in the bleachers. Soon afterward, Jonah joined me.

Tryouts had started, and Buffy was still on the bleachers. Hopefully she'll get to play soon!

After about another 15 minutes, Buffy got off the bleachers and walked over to Jonah and I.

"I don't think I'm ever gonna get to play!" Buffy whined.

"Hang in there champ! Maybe tryouts are just taking a little longer than they should be!" Jonah exclaimed. I gave Buffy a smile, and she nodded her head.

"Hey! Girl with the bun!" Tj yelled. I forgot that he's the captain. Buffy turned around, and started jogging over to Tj. I smiled. Jonah was right, this is Buffy's chance.

"Yes?" Buffy asked Tj.

"If you're watching a friend, then sit over there!" Tj stated, pointing at the sits me and Jonah were.

"No. I'm playing!" Buffy explained.

"Oh...you are?" Tj mumbled rudely.

"Yes...I am!" Buffy snarled.

"But you...you're a girl." Tj fired.

"Yeah. Thanks for stating the obvious! I'm a girl, but I don't want just sit still look pretty!" Buffy exclaimed as she ran onto the court.

Buffy started playing, and she was killing it! She kept stealing the ball, blocking, and making nice shots. Tryouts had ended, and me, Buffy, and Jonah werr walking out of school. Jonah said goodbye to us as he left.

"You did great Buffy!" I shout.

"Thanks. I just hope Tj sees that!" She stated.

"He will...don't worry Buffy, we'll figure out if you made it Monday!" I exclaimed, fist bumping her. We started walking to The Spoon for celebratory baby taters. 

~ Time skip to Monday ~

Buffy and I are in line to see the list of people on the basketball team. Buffy was nervous, but I knew she would make it on the team! Finally, we get to see the basketball team members....

"I'm not on here...I'm not on the team..." Buffy mumbled.

"This has to be a misunderstanding!" I shout.

"It's not Cyrus." Buffy states.

"Buffy...I'm sorry."

A/n: Oooo what will happen with Buffy and the basketball team? Let me know if I should update/continue! See ya guys!