Ch 24: Thunder

(A/N) I meant to update last night, but I got sick, sorry! Anyway, enjoy!

   I got out of my bed and started look for clothes to go outside in, instead of pajamas. I gathered a shirt and some jeans and went into my bathroom.

"You know you can get dressed infront of me. I don't have a problem with that!" Tj exclaimed from outside my bathroom.

"Nice try." I muttered. I got dressed, and went back into my room, finding Tj still shirtless.

"See something you like?" He asked. I turned away, blushing because I did see something I like.

"Put your shirt back on Tj!" I whined.

"I think you like me better this way," he laughed.

"That's a conversation for another time! You said, you wanna go somewhere!" I snarled.

"Fine, fine. I'll put my shirt on!" Tj grabbed his green shirt, placing it on himself. He then walked over to me, and picked me up.

"What are you doing!?" I whispered yelled.

"Be quiet!" He spat. He opened my door, and quietly walked downstairs. My mom was in her room. Once we were in the living room, he sat me down.

"I can walk! No need to carry me!" I whined.

"If we both walked, your mom would hear two sets of footsteps and wonder whats going on," Tj stated. I nodded in understandment. I walked over to the front door and slowly started to open it, not wanting to make too much noise.

"Ah, fresh air!" Tj exclaimed, walking outside.

"Now, where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see. Get on my back," he said, getting down on one knee. I got on his back, my legs cupping his stomach, as my arms hugged his neck. He started walking, passing house by house.

"So, is this place special?"

"Kinda. I wanted you to see it...just in case, we...don't see each other again," He stated with sorrow.

"Don't say that!" I spat. I looked down, then up at the sky, Tj's words sinking in. What if this was the last time we saw each other? What if Tj's dad forbids him to see me, or Tj goes into child care.....

"You know, I never planned on liking you this much," Tj exclaimed.

"The same here. Before we started talking, I saw you as this basketball jock, jerk." I laughed.

"Well, I was. Then you changed me." He muttered. I layed my head down on his, and admired the sent of his hair.

"Vanilla?" I asked.

"It's Amber's shampoo. I started using it behind her back...hoping you'd like it," he stated, obviously embarrassed.

"Well, Amber has a great taste in shampoo!" I exclaimed. I loved our little talks. I wish my entire life could be Tj and I talking like this. I looked at where we were. I saw city lights shining.

After about 20 minutes of comfortable silence, we were in the city. Downtown, most likely. I looked at the glowing lights, the bustling cars. It was a good distraction. Tj continued to walk towards the back of a tall building.

"Are we suppose to be here?" I asked worried.

"This building is abandoned. It use to be a telecommunications company, until the owner died of age." Tj explained. We were in the complete back of the building. Tj had let me down, and then pointed at a ladder.

"Oh no, I'm not good with heights!" I shouted. Tj took a few steps up the ladder then extended a hand out to me.

"You taught me to be a better person, so let me show you how to be a braver person!" He exclaimed. I took his hand, and followed him up the ladder. I made it to the top and started  to freak out once I saw how high we were. Tj grabbed my hand and squeezed it.