Ch 21: You're The One I Want

"Wait Dorky!" Tj yelled. He looked so sad and gloomy. It was like he was disappointed in himself.

"What, Tj!" I spat coldly.

"I'm sor-...sorry."

"That's all you have to say to me? Next time, say nothing at all!" I snarled, shaking my hand loose from Tj's grip, even though I wanted his hand on mine.

"Listen I-"

"No," I mumbled, walking away.

"CYRUS!" Tj yelled. I froze in place. I turned around to face Tj. He called me by my actual name...something je never does.

"This better be good! Make it quick," I demanded. The blonde nodded, taking a deep breath.

"I can't do this anymore! I can't pretend I don't like you, even though it's been two days, it feels as if it's been two months and-"

"Woah, slow down!" I yelled.

"I miss you already...what I did was wrong, and I'm sorry. I have a reason I did that though...." Tj trailed off. I looked at him thoughtfully. I knew he liked me still, because why would he continue calling me Dorky? I took Tj's hand and led him outside to a bench.

"So...tell me."

"Remember how I told you my dad is an alcoholic?" Tj asked me, gaining a nod, signifying as yes. "Well he gets drunk a lot and when he's drunk...he gets mad and.....abusive," he stated, his voice slightly cracking at the end. He was looking down at his shoes, eyes closed.

"What happened?" I asked, setting my hand on his.

"My dad, saw the picture of us. The one Andi took when we were in line for a muffin, holding hands. She sent it to me, and my dad saw it. I guess he mistook my phone for his....he does that,"

"Is that all?" I asked, a tint of worry resonating in my voice.

"No. When he saw the picture, he came into my room...and hit me. It wasn't hard enough for me to bleed, but it left a bruise." Tj muttered, on the verge of crying. He lifted up his shirt slightly, to show a fist sized purple bruise, laying on top of his firm chest, and abs.

"Oh my god. Tj...why didn't you tell me? Why did you........" I became a loss for words. I was speechless. Part 9f my was sad, and another part of me was angry he didn't tell me.

"There's more to it Dorky...my dad yelled at me, told me to stay away from you. He...said, if I didn't get a girlfriend, he would kick me out of the house," Tj cried. I hugged him, embracing him, giving him my warmth. I was trying to comfort him as best I could, feeling sad myself.

"I'm...I'm so sorry Tj. I didn't realize you were going through all of that..." I apologize.

"It's fine Dorky. I'm just glad we get to be back together. Hm, two days without you, and I'm a mess...who would of thought that?" Tj laughed. I turned his head to face me, and gave him a sorrowful look.

"I'm sorry Tj. We c-can't be together." I stated. Tj's look of gloom, turned to shock.

"Why!?" He yelled.

"Because Tj!....Us being together is what caused you to get hit. I don't want to put you in danger, or drive your family apart. I don't want to be selfish, and be with you...if it means you could get hurt," I stated. Tears started swell up in my eyes, some dropping down onto my leg.

"It's fine, Dorky. I can take the pain, I'm-"

"NO! Can't you see how hard this is for me....I don't want to let you go...but I h-have to," I cried. A stream of tears started rolling down my cheeks, creating a stain of wetness. I slowly stood up, ready to leave in pain.